Talent Acquisition at Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd
Views:957 Applications:303 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Johnson & Johnson - Regional Sales Manager (5-10 yrs)
Job Description ;
- Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Every single day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
- J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices & Diagnostics Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women's health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
Position Title : Regional Sales Manager
Role Type : People Manager
Department Name / Franchise : Ethicon
Sector : MD
Position Location : Mumbai
Role Overview :
- Leads a group of Individual Contributors to achieve/exceed sales targets for the Franchise within a designated territory, and in a manner, consistent with the CREDO, company policy and goals. Has experienced knowledge of the products responsible, and a good understanding of the other J&J products and service offerings.
- Has in-depth knowledge customer's needs and sharpened ambitious knowledge and market trends. Works with all levels of customer management and develops long-term positive customer relationships, building dedication and confidence in J&J Medical as a preferred supplier, can plan, assign work, motivate and coach the team while assuming responsibility for results of the team.
Illustrative Responsibilities :
- Sales Turnover
- Sell franchise products within a territory
- Make significant contribution to the development of the region's business plan
- Provide weekly and monthly sales action plan to manager, reflecting the activities required in each account to achieve sales objectives
- Anticipate unfavorable variance in sales and provide inputs and follow-up actions to prevent/close the gap
- Successfully negotiate and close complex deals.
- Lead in prioritizing trade displays and Conferences when required.
- Territory Management
- Conduct SWOT analysis for the territory responsible
- Develop/implement sales strategies and plans to achieve sales target
- Set realistic, attainable sales objectives by account and product group, and by monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- In-depth understanding of customer needs to identify sales opportunities
- Actively pursue tender/contract opportunities
- Responsible for maintaining/gaining market share in the territories handled as per plans
- Creatively plan for expansion of challenging territories and conversion of difficult accounts
- Participate in developing promotional support materials for use during sales calls
- Has broad understanding of internal organization (J&J) resources, priorities, needs relating to the business operations and achievement of sales plan
- Has detailed knowledge of sales process and guide selling skills to make effective sales call, to teach others, and to improve on current process
- Professional Education And Customer Relationship
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all levels of customers
- Develop key opinion leaders in the region and make engagement plan with them.
- Maintain optimum call cycles to build customer relationships.
- Proactively identify Professional Education needs to develop the awareness level among customers
- Product And Market Knowledge
- Experienced knowledge of product's features, benefits, accurate product application and usage, anatomy, physiology and medical procedure, knowledge, through practical experience, training programs, and learning from key end-users
- Has detailed information on competitor's structure, culture, manpower, distribution, capabilities and weaknesses
- Analyze market trends, identify threats and opportunities and recommend and implement strategies and plans to address them
- Share competitive information and suggestions for countering competitors with colleagues
- Detailed knowledge of customer's support for competitive products and services and develop plans to differentiate
- J&J/competitive offerings, to effectively influence customer preference to J&J offerings
- Expense, Equipment And Samples
- Judiciously lead AR, operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity in assigned territory.
- Seek prior approval for budget variations
- Ensure compliance of team to sample issue and co-ordination guidelines
- Agree expense budget/guidelines with immediate Manager
- Plan sample and expense utilization to optimize usage while remaining in budget
People Management :
a. Set goals for all team members
b. Conduct quarterly discussions with all team members
c. Create development plans for all team members
d. Completes year-end evaluation for all team members
e. Share field visit reports with individual team members after each visit
- Identify specific actions to improve job performance in specific areas
- Participate in nominated training programs
- Active self-learning strategies to maintain knowledge
- Focused effort to achieve high levels of performance in knowledge tests and competency assessments related to training
- Effectively apply new learning on the job
- Corporate Ethics
- Maintain a responsible and ethical approach while actively pursuing business outcomes
- Conduct business within ethics and values expressed in Credo
- Relationship with customers based on high ethical standards
- Management Degree from Tier- 1/2 MBA College will be preferred.
- Preferably 5+ years- experience in Healthcare
- 1-2 years of people management experience preferred.
Are you ready to impact the world?
- Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.