Senior Specialist - Talent Acquisition at Johnson & Johnson
Views:6488 Applications:294 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:83
Johnson & Johnson - Legal Counsel - Medical Devices - LLB (8-10 yrs)
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Legal Counsel in the Medical Devices Legal Team in Mumbai, India.
The Legal Counsel will provide legal support to the Medical Devices businesses in India.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide legal support for the day-to-day operations of the business as a strong business partner, partnering across functions and interacting effectively with all levels within the organization
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of proposed business initiatives and materials, in the areas of sales and marketing, regulatory affairs, health care compliance, procurement and competition.
- Prepare and negotiate commercial agreements across functional areas, including distributor & agency agreements, non-disclosure agreements, equipment sale and leasing, corporate overlay agreements with hospital customers relating to the supply of products and solutions.
- Identify legal issues and risks in the daily business operations and provide solutions to business with consultation of the Legal Director, where necessary
- Review and advise on commercial transactions and initiatives, including new product launch, promotion activities, rebate schemes, etc.
- Draft, review and negotiate various commercial contracts and legal documents of designated businesses and functions, including but not limited to different types of contracts with HCP- s, distributors and vendors, official documents to external stakeholders (e.g. documents to Tender authorities and government agencies)
- Work closely with the Compliance Dept. to ensure compliance with applicable policies, codes and laws
- Support the Legal Director on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, reorganizations and business model changes
- Provide legal support to litigation and dispute management, including but not limited to legal consultation, coordination between external counsels and internal stakeholders, facilitate internal approval procedure, and collection of evidence.
- Managing outside counsel in these cases is a given
- Support the Legal Director on various projects of the Law Department and the business
- Provide support on corporate governance matters, including but not limited to handling company filing / registrations with relevant authorities, if required
- Provide legal training and education to the business & commercial teams as appropriate
- Bachelors or Masters of Law degree from a reputed university in India/abroad
- A minimum of 8-10 years Post-Qualified Experience either as an In-house Counsel or in a reputed law firm. Experience in the healthcare sector considered an asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a matrix organization
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and solution oriented approach
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to manage conflicts in a constructive manner
- Objective thinker who can advance ideas and influence others
- High ethics and strong sense of integrity, with the ability to establish trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- This position includes limited travel within India and overseas