HR at John Cockerill India Limited
Views:423 Applications:121 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
John Cockerill - Officer - Business Process Improvement (3-5 yrs)
Location - Mumbai, India
Job Purpose :
To support its growth, John Cockerill Energy Solutions, headquartered in Belgium, is opening an office in Mumbai. The Business Improvement Officer will support the Business Improvement Manager in her/his day-to-day activities and will have the overall responsibilities :
- Project Management Office (PMO): Implement and drive local governance, methods, processes, and tools of project management and support to the teams on these elements.
- Quality Management System (QMS): Support the implementation of best practice, strategy, policies, processes and procedures, internal audits planning, to support and improve operational performance. Ensure the good maintenance of the local QMS.
- Performances: Build and monitor dashboards and metrics to support operational and structural performances.
- Health, Safety and Environment: Support her/his management line with the HSE policy to be deployed at the workplace in the frame of the Indian and international regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who will actively participate to the development and implementation of a company and support constantly its growth.
Key Responsibilities :
Under the responsibility of the Business Improvement Officer and in support of the project and business stakeholders, you will be responsible to :
PMO & Performances :
- Implement Policies, Essentials, Standards and Tools (PEST) defined by John Cockerill Energy Solutions PMO.
- Maintain and improve PEST to ensure that they are aligned with operational efficiency and projects requirements.
- Oversee continuous improvement deployment.
- Detect and record each deviation, support with improvement solutions, and run corrective actions until full completion and trace results.
- Develop, design, and implement dashboards and metrics to monitor operational efficiency and prepare weekly and/or monthly KPI to ensure that requirements and expected performances are met.
- Monitor project execution phase though KPI and dashboards with all stakeholders according to project and contract requirements.
- Develop and present lessons learned to operational teams and maintain progress.
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the QMS.
- Support to the deployment of QMS infrastructure according to the requirements and specifications requested by John Cockerill Energy Solutions as well as international standards (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, etc).
- Control day-to-day operations including auditing, meetings, training and updating documents and records for all aspects of the systems.
- Review on a regular basis processes and procedures to ensure their alignment with business needs.
- Evaluate and analyse quality issues if needed and introduce corrective and preventive actions.
- Handle and trace internal customers complaints to ensure that they are well resolved and closed
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Develop, implement, and monitor continuous improvement plan with stakeholders based on business needs.
- Support John Cockerill Energy Solutions during audits and certifications.
- Ensure corrective actions are undertaken to address nonconformities.
- Support to the deployment of the safe working practices and potential changes.
- Keep up to date and ensure compliance with local and national H&S laws and regulations.
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely.
- Undertaking risk assessments.
- Identifying potential hazards.
- Determining ways of reducing risks.
- Organising/attending health and safety meetings.
- Compiling statistics for John Cockerill Energy Solutions.
- Organizing health and safety training courses for local workforce
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints
- Support to the implementation of internal health and safety policies/strategies.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks for the office.
The above-mentioned responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of job requirements. The Business Improvement Officer may be asked, depending on the business needs and its resource, to carry out other activities related to his/her skills and expertise.
Education & Experience :
- 3-5 years relevant experience preferably within an engineering and project execution context.
- Bachelors degree in a Quality, health, safety, or environmental field of study or Master of Engineering and/or Business Administration.
Background, Skills and Competencies :
- Experience of a PMO function within project execution phase.
- Understanding of local HSE regulations.
- Understanding of process and procedures development, implementation, and management.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with people.
- Ability of understanding and analysing complex problems and problems solving.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written) with the ability to communicate across all levels in the organisation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Encourage a culture of excellence through continuous improvement.
- Proficient in MS 365 (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint 2013 and Online, Teams) and Business Intelligence solutions (Power BI, SAP BO).
- Lean Six Sigma and/or Project Management (PMP, PRINCE2...) certified would be a plus
- Understanding of ISO14001:2015 / ISO 9001:2015 / ISO 45001:2018 would be an advantage.
Who We Are :
John Cockerill Energy, a player in the energy transition: the strength of a diversified and combinable range of solutions
It is from the heart of its history stretching back more than 200 years that John Cockerill Energy draws its expertise in the production of steam, which has led to it being recognized worldwide on the market for the conception and supply of heat recuperation boilers. Resolutely turned towards the future. We proudly incarnate the bold spirit of an entrepreneur and we have extended our know-how to respond to the needs of our times, by developing innovative solutions to encourage access to energy, just like our founder in his own times :
- Heat Recovery steam generators, particularly suited to operate in cycles with frequent start-ups and shut-downs. They can be installed behind gas turbines of all power ratings, brands and burning all types of fuel
- The manufacture and maintenance of boiler parts, in particular pressure parts in its specialized workshop based in Mexico.
- Aftersales services, technical assistance, inspections from the rehabilitation to the modernization of all types and brands of boilers
- Wet & dry cooling with cooling towers and air cooled condensers for power plants.
- Thermal solar receivers (Concentrated Solar Power), that capture the suns rays, reflected by mirrors on the ground, and enable to produce energy 24/7 thanks to molten salts
- Industrial boilers destined for sectors such as chemicals, petrochemicals, biomass, incineration.
It is from this knowledgeable mix of tradition and innovation that we draw our own energy. And it is across the whole world that John Cockerill Energy makes its mark through its technological know-how and its mastery of project management thanks to our Belgian, American and Mexican teams and our recuperation boiler licensees, Wuxi, S&T and Larsen & Toubro which respectively cover China, South Korea and India. Together, we all work to facilitate access to green energy.
Visit us at Energy - John Cockerill to know more.
Equal Opportunity Employer :
John Cockerill and all John Cockerill Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.