General Manager at Jodo
Views:1483 Applications:249 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Jodo - Manager - B2B Sales - North (2-5 yrs)
Jodo (www.jodo.in) is a mission-oriented early-stage fintech startup building a suite of carefully tailored financial products and delivery mechanisms to fulfill the aspirations and needs of middle-income households in urban India.
We are backed by high-quality investors to realize our mission.
- VC investors: Elevation Capital, Matrix Partners - investors in Paytm, Swiggy, Urban Company, Ola, Practo, etc.
- Angel investors: Kunal Shah (CRED), Nithin Kamath (Zerodha), Amit Ranjan (SlideShare)
Jodo is started by three co-founders, who have a pedigreed education background (IIT/IIM) and relevant professional experience in financial services (ex-Nomura, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Edelweiss Capital).
Jodo aims to be a multi-product fintech platform to make education-related payments easy, convenient, and rewarding for all parents and students.
- Role: Manager - School Partnerships
- Location: Delhi-NCR / Jaipur / Chandighar
- Compensation: Negotiable based on candidate profile (structured as Fixed + Variable + ESOPs)
We are just getting started! This is not just an opportunity to be part of the startup journey but help shape the journey by building things from scratch. We are looking to hire a core team member to facilitate our partnership with schools.
Schools are the focal point of Jodo's growth at this point - as we are able to serve parents with this innovative monthly fee payment plan, only of the schools we have tied up with. So, the opportunity is to be an instrumental part of charting the growth path of a potentially large impactful organization.
- School sales: Primary responsibility is to sell to schools and bring them onboard
- Tie up with schools and onboard them so that we can offer the Jodo plan to the parents in the school
- Negotiate and get into commercial agreements with schools
- Upsell our other payment products in the schools
- Stakeholder Management in Schools:
- Enable Jodo to liaison with the schools tied up with, for close to everything from meeting the parents, doing events, etc.
- Forge a strong relationship with the school management and principal and be their first port of call on anything to do with finances
- Team Building- Build a high-quality sales team and lead it in that city
What are we looking for?
- Self-starter with a high sense of ownership - Comfortable to work with minimal supervision and do sales independently
- Ability to drive sales and closures - Have the capability to do standalone meetings with school management and drive closures
- Hungry to learn and grow - Passion to learn & be a better version of oneself; motivated to succeed
- Bias for action - Have the temperament to experiment and execute in uncertainty
- Hustler - Ability to generate resources to solve a problem
- Intellectual honesty - Always seeking and presenting truth irrespective of personal POV or beliefs
- Mission-oriented - Deeply care about delivering value and making an impact on customer's lives
- 2+ years of doing B2B sales
- Entrepreneurial mindset - the ability to be able to crack school deals independently and work to get tangible results without too much handholding
- Willingness to be on the ground most of the time and doing field sales
- Relevant experience of selling to schools is desirable but not a requirement
- Becoming a part of the early core team
- Competitive salary plus ESOPs
- Work with colleagues from strong backgrounds who are hungry to succeed
- Opportunity to interact with and learn from high-pedigree investors & mentors