Views:1320 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Corporate Credit & Risk - Bank (6-10 yrs)
AVP Large Corporates Credit & Risk (Global Credit) @ MNC Bank
Purpose of Department -
The Credit Risk CoE undertakes end to end Credit Risk Management work within for various operating entities across the Group. The CoE’s work portfolio covers Pre-approval, Credit-approval (both template and judgemental) and Post-approval work for CMB and PFS businesses. The Credit approval segment includes credit appraisal & decision making, management of high risk accounts and asset portfolio risk analysis & control.
The basic function of Credit Approval department is to undertake the credit decision making work for Commercial Banking (CMB) credit applications originating from various operating entities across the globe. A new unit is being set up to undertake the credit decision making work for applications originating from region. The credit proposals encompassing multiple credit products across all industry sectors will be submitted by the CMB Relationship Managers from HBAP region for appraisal & approval. The team is proposed to have US$ 5.0 million New Monies authority & US$ 10 million renewal authority on per borrower relationship basis.
Job Description -
The incumbent would be required to:
- To ensure that the Centralised CRM Team delivers balanced & high quality risk decisions, enabling the business to compete on value underpinned by sound credit quality in accordance with CMB policy objectives, thereby contributing to improving / maintaining the credit standards of the CMB Portfolio.
- To review/ recommend/ approve CMB credit proposals within the given TAT in accordance with the delegated individual lending authority.
- To maintain a close working relationship with the respective Business Areas, positioning Centralised CRM Function as a strategic partner to the business.
- Act as a point of reference for advice and guidance to the Relationship Managers in the network.
- Regularly interact with the originators of the credit application to suggest changes in the facility and/or security structure, seek necessary clarifications so that the assessment is objective, complete in terms of information content and is consistent with the Group lending guidelines and policies.
- Coach, lead, develop a team of credit professionals and share knowledge with colleagues & internal customers.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
In summary, the jobholder has to ensure that an appropriate balance is achieved between maximising income & maintaining credit standards. The jobholder has to be responsive to the needs of customers and the marketplace.
- Qualified CA/ ICWA/ MBA with 6 - 10 years of relevant experience in Corporate / SME Credit in a reputed Bank/ FI.
- In-depth understanding of credit products viz. – term loans, working capital financing, trade facilities, bank guarantees, bill/invoice discounting, factoring, foreign currency lending etc.
- Sound knowledge of treasury/ derivative products.
- Experience in Factoring, Credit Approvals, Risk Identification, etc.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly interpret data & facts to arrive at meaningful conclusions and assess the business / financial prospects of the borrowers
- Exposure to change management, strategy & planning, stakeholder management is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and excellent communication skills
- Ability to assimilate a large amount of information and make effective decisions on a wide range of issues.
- A strong desire to achieve outstanding customer service
- Resilience under pressure and be able to work efficiently in order to meet aggressive deadlines.
- The candidate must show attention to detail, have excellent communication skills in English both oral & written, and be committed to producing work of the highest quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams are essential attributes for this job.
Interested candidates can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or can reach me @ 040-40101210/11.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.