Chairman and Managing Director at JMN Investments Research (P) Ltd
Views:676 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
JMN Investments Research - Technical Analyst - US Equity Markets (1-3 yrs)
Associate Analyst (Technical)
JMN Investments Research (P) Ltd. (www.jmnirl.com) requires a Technical Analyst to work within a team analyzing macro trends in the U.S. equity markets. The primary role involves researching various financial instruments (equities, commodities, currencies etc.) based on classical chart patterns and writing research reports. We're looking for motivated candidates with the drive to work alongside some of the world's leading financial services companies. Suitable candidates will receive world-class training from experienced investment professionals along with the opportunity to work alongside some of the finest analysts in the investment community.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Technical analysis of U.S. equity, international commodity and currency markets;
- Managing periodic publications (daily, weekly and monthly research reports)
- Persuasively articulating investment ideas;
- Tracking major market trends, analyzing and researching charts based on a top-down approach;
- Reviewing large chart books periodically, isolating and identifying the best-looking opportunities;
- Identifying classical chart patterns on a variety of financial instruments and writing research reports;
- Back-testing various seasonal tendencies and quantitative research.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Education: Bachelor's/Master's Degree at minimum (any stream/background);
- Communication Skills: Verbal and written fluency in English; effective interpersonal skills, clear communication.
- Preferably pursuing CMT (Chartered Market Technician, MTA)
- May have some experience researching equities (Indian markets/Currencies/Commodities)
- Should be disciplined, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Should be able to work with Office 365 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); an understanding of writing Excel macros will be an added advantage
- Should be proactive in handling multiple deliverables; have high energy, clear goal orientation and a strong work ethic.
The following skillsets are not compulsory but will be an added advantage:
- Building VBA macro-based automation models in excel and familiarity with basic automation through PYTHON for process-oriented tasks
- Managing existing research databases, contributing to design improvements
- Persuasively articulating automation ideas to improve the team's operational efficiency
- Designing and assisting the team in developing data processing macros in Excel VBA