JLT Group - Senior Specialist - Data Science - Pyhton & NLP (5-8 yrs)
JARDINE LLOYD THOMPSON INDIA
Department: Knowledge Services
Location: Powai - Mumbai
Job Title: Data Science Senior Specialist - Catastrophic Research and Development
Reports to: Senior Manager - R&D
The Firm JLT India is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Jardine Matheson owned Jardine Lloyd Thompson group (JLT). The group is in the business of Employee Benefits, Insurance Broking and risk consulting and has its presence through 110 companies in over 36 countries.
Team A key member of the Cat R&D team, a team responsible for delivering high quality research and development to JLT group companies globally. The individual is tasked to come up with multiple use-cases using existing and external data for JLT and prove business value by leveraging sophisticated statistical modelling techniques.
- Being involved in all aspects of project lifecycle from requirement gathering, hypothesis generation, ideation, programming, testing and implementation of new processes and tools
- Analysing large amount of insurance data, both by extraction from internal systems and external data to augment by researching
- We need a self-starter data scientist who can augment the existing team and offer advanced analytics capability to JLT Group
- An astute individual who has consultative and curious attitude and is able to work with minimal instructions. He/She should be able to understand the business problem and do his/her own research on possible solutions and using advanced data science algorithms to solve the business problems.
- The data scientist should be able to speak the language of business, and present the complex model output in powerful business ready presentations and be able to talk to senior business stakeholders to explain the methodology, assumptions and results in concise manner.
- Should be an expert in Python, R and have implemented products in BFSI domain from conception to delivery (At least 2 full cycle delivery of product).
- The data scientist should use innovative ways to capture information and be able to create efficient processes by using automation by VBA Macros/Python programming
- Experience in working on cloud technologies like MS Azure, AWS would be preferred, but not necessaryArticulate and refine understanding of complex issues in a simple manner.
- Has a mind-set to prod at facts - starts with asking/framing questions; use judgement and subsequently attempt to develop logical answers.
- Use predictive modelling/Machine Learning techniques for solving business problems.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms like (KNN, SVM, Na- ve Bayes, Random Forest, etc)
- Should be able to collect, prepare and pre-process data from different sources and bring it in format that can be used by Machine Learning algorithms.
- Should be adept at Machine Learning work-flows.
- Should have experience with data visualization packages used in Python or R.
- Sound knowledge of other disciplines of Artificial Intelligence like - Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
- Good programming and scripting skills.
- Experience using open-source machine learning frameworks based on Python (scikit-learn/tensorflow) or R programming language.
- Good applied statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview.
- Proficiency in using query language such as SQL.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Casandra, Hbase will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate implementation experience of at least 5 years in data science where the individual has played major role
- Knowledge of predictive analytic technique and statistical diagnostics of models. Expert in leveraging the predictive toolsets
- Previous experience in creating products for insurance domain (General Insurance i.e., Property & Casualty) industry is ideal, preferably working as data scientist in an insurance company/brokerage or a KPO focussed in insurance analytics
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning Algorithms, Statistical techniques and feature engineering using Python.
- Ability to write complex programs to execute deep learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Proficiency in SQL with broad working knowledge of methodologies used for advanced analytics is required. Apply investigative skill and analytical methods to look behind the numbers, assess business impacts, and make recommendations through use of predictive modelling, etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools like Tableau and QlikView
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A high-minded team player
- Strong intellect with proficient commercial and entrepreneurial instinct
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to challenge upwards
- Ability to adapt own work in a fast changing environment
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, break clich's and introduce a dynamic approach
Preferred candidate profile
- Between 5-7 years of experience in data science
- Experience of working with insurance/re-insurance firm will be looked at preferably