AVP HR at Jindal Stainless Ltd.
Views:3522 Applications:416 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Jindal Stainless - General Manager - Sourcing (18-22 yrs)
Lead - Sourcing is responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price. Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings. Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
Lead and manage a team of Buyers to deliver the appropriate support to the business to ensure corporate and business development objectives are met. Work alongside the senior management team in contributing to overall business objectives. Develop and administer an efficient- global- supply chain and monitor inventory for all- global- products and assist to increase growth.
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop - win-win- strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross- functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Participate in establishing short-term and long range planning and budget development of the company to support strategic business goals
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally
- Manage and mentor staff encouraging professional growth & development
- Oversee staffing/recruiting/training /coaching of direct reports including performance reviews
- BE/BTech. - Mechanical and Metallurgy preferably MBA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.