Java Architect - IT (8-12 yrs)
Senior level technical expert in one or more highly specialized areas of IT engineering. Acts independently under general direction.
Provides technical leadership on complex projects. May act as expert in business or functional area.
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of system development.
May be responsible for multiple phases of a project. May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of other system engineering personnel. May have quality assurance review responsibilities.
- Serve as senior level technical expert on large, complex projects
- Prepares complex design, development, implementation, and maintenance plans for systems
- Defines deliverable, costs and benefits and ROI
- Interact with corporate and project team members to negotiate timelines, responsibilities, and deliverable
- Develops, tests, and documents systems in accordance with programming standards and validation procedures
- Engineers software, system and/or programming solutions across projects and/or technologies to meet internal and external needs
- Performs peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members
- Provide expert review of system development work with regard to IT standards and validation procedures
- Serves on or may lead company committees and task forces to develop technical solutions for projects or client needs
- Provides long term evaluations of system, company wide
- Update corporate information sets associated with application information, such as PDRS and Application Portfolio database
- Mentor junior team members in training and developing technical expertise
- Performs other duties as directed
- Proficiency in Core Java,J2EE,Spring,Hibernate,JSP servlets &Webservices
- RDBMS system (expert in one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- XML experience preferred
- Possess an expert knowledge in software development tools, practices, and lifecycle methodologies.
- Possess an strong knowledge of the clinical drug development industry, procedures/processes, and regulatory standards.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and technical database skills.
- Must possess experience in specific technologies appropriate to the specific role specification.
- Must possess one or more industry recognized certifications appropriate to the specific role or be able to demonstrate equivalent expertise through extended experience or other methods.
- Possess 2 years experience in hardware and software testing specific to the role.
- Possess excellent aural, verbal, and written communications skills, to include writing/editing of technical documentation for international audiences; effective presentation skills
- Ability to serve as technical leader on a global engineering team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree in computer science or related field with a minimum 7 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.