HR Team at Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
Views:498 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Janaagraha - Manager - Development (5-9 yrs)
Janaagraha is a non-profit trust, established in 2001, working towards the mission of transforming quality of life in India's cities and towns. It works with citizens to catalyse active citizenship in city neighbourhoods and with governments to institute reforms to city governance (what we call "City-Systems").
Janaagraha is part of the JANA Group - one of India's best-known groups of not-for-profit institutions working towards the mission of fixing India's cities. Swati Ramanathan and Ramesh Ramanathan co-founded Jana Group in 2001 and it presently works across citizen participation and city governance reforms (through Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy), city planning and design (through Jana Urban Space Foundation), banking and financial services for the urban poor (through Jana Small Finance Bank) and affordable housing for the urban poor (through Janaadhar).
We are looking for a highly passionate and competent professional to be part of Janaagraha's Development and Fundraising team. The role will involve working closely with the Head -Development, CEO, and senior program leads in conceptualizing multi-year program partnerships with Foundations, Philanthropies, Multilaterals like the World Bank, ADB, USAID, EUAID and so on.
What will Manager - Fundraising & Development really do?
A) Support in Fundraising:
- Write funding proposals and concept notes to engage donor interest based on mutually aligned areas.
- Deep understanding of the philanthropy ecosystem and can stitch coherent and compelling proposals and presentations to aid the medium to long-term financial sustainability of Janaagraha
B) Donor/Prospect Management:
- Research and identify prospective bilateral, private philanthropies, UHNIs and corporate funders. Maintain and update the potential donor list on a regular basis
- Create detailed summary documents on potential donors on their funding strategy, focus areas, funding cycles, process and align them with program offerings
- Demonstrate sensitivity to relationships with major donors and High Net worth Individuals maintaining high degree of confidentiality.
- Develop strong working relationships with staff in all areas. Actively participate in planning and meeting goals as an integral team member
- Collaborate with team members in the organization to understand our diverse programmes and interventions
- Writing, editing, and overseeing the completion and submission of reports on all grants
- Keeping record of all grant reports due during the calendar year
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent in business administration, public administration, public policy or other directly relevant fields
- More than 5-7 years of work experience in in the not for Profit sector
- Prior experience in Fundraising, Business Development, constructing funding proposals, RFP's - A deep knowledge of Climate change/ Gender/ Public health sectors would be considered as a big positive
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with CRMs or relational database, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Possess a solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
What competencies does it take to be Manager - Development:
- Excellent Researching skills and a deep knowledge of the funding ecosystem
- Ability to learn quickly on the job; willingness to adapt; excels in working across multi-disciplinary teams and exhibits superior project management skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage working relationships with Large Donors
- Highly Self-Motivated, can take complete ownership and work independently in an unstructured work environment with minimal supervision
What Janaagraha offers:
At Janaagraha, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and passionate citizens who apply cutting-edge technologies and practices aimed at social change in India's cities. We offer a dynamic, driven and vibrant work environment for professionals who are passionate about investing their time, skill sets and energy to transform quality of life in India's cities. At work, you will be exposed to a unique combination of policy, practice and platforms and will have abundant opportunities to learn and apply professional skills to social challenges.
Janaagraha is an equal opportunity employer and offers a highly dynamic and enabling work environment. We provide competitive remuneration commensurate with relevant experience skill-sets and background.