Manager - Human Resources at Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship & Democracy
Views:1927 Applications:134 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Janaagraha - Head - Municipal Finance (15-20 yrs)
We are looking for a highly passionate and competent individual to be based out of Bangalore/Delhi/Mumbai to head Janaagraha's Municipal Finance program.
What will the Head- Municipal Finance do?
- Deliver strongly on government and donor engagements
1. Deliver on all commitments made under existing (and future) government and donor engagements
2. Engage closely with senior leaders in government and ecosystem to both advocate for systemic reforms in municipal finance and to in turn learn and incorporate any feedback
3. Continuously strive to transform municipal finance in India at scale and with speed and agility
4. Create an enabling ecosystem to ideate boldly, to rapidly convert ideas to action plans and to execute the same at scale and with agility
- Lead planning and development of Janaagraha's Municipal Finance programme
1. Work closely with the CEO to develop and implement strategic direction of the program
2. Identify planning and programme needs, opportunities and approaches to strengthen Janaagraha's presence and relevance in the municipal and urban infrastructure finance space;
3. Manage and ensure the quality of results for all projects undertaken;
4. Prepare medium-term programme plans and the programme funding plans;
5. Build and nurture relationships with the donor ecosystem;
6. Manage the development and implementation of the programme's communication strategy and plan
7. Manage adoption of technology for municipal finance advocacy, proof of concept and scale
Lead the Municipal Finance team
1. Lead the team in the delivery of operational goals; finalize the annual work plan and budgets; oversee the implementation, including providing direction, guidance and technical support;
2. Oversee and approve programme work plans and the optimum and appropriate allocation and use of resources; monitor compliance of grant conditions;
3. Manage the performance of team members, provide managerial direction, guidance and leadership and performance feedback and coaching
4. Promote learning and development and put in place systematic leadership development/talent development plans and programs ;
5. Lead innovation and adoption of best practices in the team;
Engage with the urban governance and municipal finance ecosystem
1. Represent Janaagraha in relevant forums, events and meetings, participate in policy dialogue; discuss policy initiatives, report on progress achieved and/or present policy papers/ideas;
2. Establish and maintain relationships with government, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances on programme development and implementation;
3. Ensure Janaagraha's active participation in relevant forums and working groups to establish effective networks and keep abreast of ongoing debates and thinking on municipal finance and urban infrastructure finance.
4. Build relations and partnerships with senior government officials as well as multi-lateral, bi-lateral agencies and NGOs and participate in critical meetings and events;
5. Create and maintain strategic partnerships
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Master's degree or equivalent in business administration, finance, public finance, public administration, public policy or other directly relevant fields OR a Membership of a Professional Institute such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ;
2. 15 years of experience in government advisory or public finance or business management/consulting or senior leadership roles in finance; should have held leadership roles in their career, engaging with senior stakeholders in government/industry;
3. Adequate experience in leading high-performance teams
4. Strong project management skills and sharp focus on high-quality, timely execution
5. Preferred - should have held positions engaging directly with senior or c-suite clients and stakeholders in relevant sectors/industries
6. Preferred - should have led projects with governments on urban infra financing (particularly municipal bonds and impact bonds), municipal revenue optimisation/augmentation, transaction advisory
What Janaagraha Offers
At Janaagraha, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and passionate citizens who apply cutting-edge technologies and practices aimed at social change in India's cities. We offer a dynamic, driven, remunerative and vibrant work environment for professionals who are passionate about investing their time, skill sets and energy to transform quality of life in India's cities. At work, you will be exposed to a unique combination of policy, practice and platforms and will have abundant opportunities to learn and apply professional skills to complex social challenges.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.