HR Team at Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
Views:302 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Janaagraha - Associate Manager - Organizational Development (7-9 yrs)
About Janaagraha :
Janaagraha is a non-profit trust, established in 2001, working towards the mission of transforming quality of life in India's cities and towns. It works with citizens to catalyse active citizenship in city neighbourhoods and with governments to institute reforms to city governance (what we call "City-Systems"). Janaagraha is part of the JANA Group - one of India's best-known groups of not-for-profit institutions working towards the mission of fixing India's cities. Swati Ramanathan and Ramesh Ramanathan co-founded Jana Group in 2001 and it presently works across citizen participation and city governance reforms (through Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy), city planning and design (through Jana Urban Space Foundation), municipal consulting services (through Jana Urban Services for Transformation Pvt. Ltd.), banking and financial services for the urban poor (through Jana Small Finance Bank) and affordable housing for the urban poor (through Janaadhar).
We are looking for a highly passionate, experienced, and competent professional to serve as Associate Manager - Organization Development for our program in Odisha, reporting to the Manager - Organization Development.
Janaagraha has partnered with the Housing & Urban Development Department (HUDD), Government of Odisha to undertake deep reforms concerning Public Finance Management (PFM), Organization Development (OD - Process & People), and Participatory Governance (PG) to improve the quality-of-service delivery across Odisha's cities. Within that overall program, the OD vertical aims to improve overall performance efficiency of principal officials of the HUDD and of all 115 ULBs, working with staffing and training needs.
What will the Associate Manager - Organizational Development really do?
A. Process Study
- Review scheme guidelines and standard operating procedures to gather and organize secondary data on development agendas taken up by state & city governments.
- Extend guidance in creation of process maps using RACI matrix and ensures crafting of outputs which helps gain a clear understanding of processes, sub-processes, and activities taken up by individuals in their position/role.
- Identify and validate stress points in the existing processes through primary interviews.
- Scrutinizing the process maps to identify gaps in the existing process e.g., lack of standardized processes, duplication in activities, obsolete practices etc. through primary interviews and field studies.
- Guide the Associate - Organization Development in ideating and implementing solutions for addressing stress points in the process through a process re-engineering approach.
- Devise workplan & troubleshoot issues concerning re-engineered processes and introduction of job-aids or digital aids.
B. Competency Based Human Resource Management:
- Review of secondary research to ensure accuracy in mapping vision, mission, goals, and objectives of state schemes and missions.
- Guide the team in creating a database of state schemes and missions capturing budget details for each scheme and missions and validate such database.
- Guide the team in documenting organograms for schemes and missions while clearly capturing roles and responsibilities of people involved in delivery of welfare schemes and assets and validate such outputs.
- Formulate Key Result Areas & Key Performance Indicators at state, city, and individual position level across schemes & missions.
- Design and deploy data collection mechanisms to track progress on KRAs & KPIs across schemes & missions.
- Document position wise roles, activities, and competencies across all schemes & missions.
- Guide the team in curating and updating the competency dictionary at a state level capturing competencies across schemes & missions and validate such documents.
- Design and implement a plan for conducting competency assessments by on-boarding suitable vendors.
- Curating a roadmap for bridging competency gaps.
C. Stakeholder & Program Management
- Work with donor and their partners to develop and finalise all templates for process mapping, and capturing real life data
- Work with HUDD, ULB and other government partners to ensure smooth translation of work (minimal hinderance, maximum accuracy and cooperation), and verification
- Ensure clear contracts with external vendors, and delivery on track to ensure data capturing of all the relevant processes are completed as per agreed timelines
- Establish and collaborate with subject matter experts for work review analysis and further recommendations
- Deploy knowledge management practices to ensure ready availability of detailed field notes, interview transcripts, and thematically arrange all the collaterals in prescribed formats.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders and ensure timely resolution of all activities to meet agreed timelines with the government.
- Efficiently track project deliverables and ensure action items are recorded and communicated effectively.
- Drafting of progress reports and ensuring its timely dissemination with all stakeholders.
- Record project learnings and create knowledge products for disseminating learnings.
Qualifications and Experience :
- A Master's degree preferably in Human Resource Management / Talent Management / Business Management / Social Work / equivalent.
- 7+ years' overall experience with 5+ years working closely with state and/or union governments in large scale systems change or consulting projects, involving stakeholder relationship and program management.
- Candidates with exposure to strategic HR techniques such as Balanced Score Card, KRA cascading, Objectives and Metrics, competency frameworks, etc. will be preferred.
- Strong systems change / reforms interest is needed, with an ability to adapt to differing contexts. Any knowledge and practice of the same is a big asset.
- Previous experience of leading a team will be a plus.
What competencies does it take to be Associate Manager - Organizational Development?
- Ability to work with flexibility / ambiguity - adapting to changing needs
- Willing to follow up with all level of stakeholders actively, in a methodical manner
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Change management skills.
- Program management and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Digital and Media skills.
What Janaagraha offers
At Janaagraha, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and passionate citizens who apply cutting-edge technologies and practices aimed at social change in India's cities. We offer a dynamic, driven and vibrant work environment for professionals who are passionate about investing their time, skill sets and energy to transform quality of life in India's cities. At work, you will be exposed to a unique combination of policy, practice and platforms and will have abundant opportunities to learn and apply professional skills to social challenges.
Janaagraha is an equal opportunity employer and offers a highly dynamic and enabling work environment. We provide competitive remuneration commensurate with relevant experience skill-sets and background.
This position is based out of Bhubaneshwar and will report to the Manager - Organizational Development. This engagement will be for an initial period of 2 years.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.