Senior HR at Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
Views:4383 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Janaagraha - Associate Manager - Advocacy (5-10 yrs)
I. About Janaagraha
Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy (Janaagraha) is a Bangalore based not for profit having the mission of transforming quality of life in India's cities and towns. It defines quality of life as comprising quality of infrastructure and services and quality of citizenship. Janaagraha, along with its sister organisation Jana Urban Space foundation operates programs all of which are based on a robust City-Systems framework. To achieve its mission, Janaagraha works with both citizens and governments in advocating policy, creating platforms for citizen engagement and forging partnerships to attain scale.
Over its ten year existence, Janaagraha has built a proven track-record in systemic change in city-systems and in catalysing citizen engagement.
Janaagraha was founded by Swati and Ramesh Ramanathan and has a team comprising engineers, management graduates, public policy professionals, urban planners and designers, social science researchers and a military veteran driven by a passion for transformative change. Its staff strength is in excess of one hundred and fifty.
Janaagraha leadership comprises a Management Committee that oversees day to day operations, a stellar Governing Board comprising leaders across business, social sector and community engagement, management consulting and government and a Board of Trustees.
II. Job Description
- Janaagraha is looking to on-board an Associate Manager - Advocacy to be part of the Advocacy team. The position will be based in Bangalore and will report to Senior Manager-Advocacy.
- As Associate Manager - Advocacy, you will be responsible for managing a team to plan and execute the ASICS program.
- End to end execution of projects relating to the below comprising concept, ideation, consultations with stakeholders and vendors, project management and delivery.
- Focused research on contemporaneous/emerging themes in urban governance resulting in tangible outcomes such as content for websites, articles/research for publications
- Researching for data and information arising out of the survey questions for ASICS cities (Indian and Global)
- Analyzing data from the survey and drawing trends/ conclusions from it
- Generating recommendations for City governance based on the analyses
- Liaise with variety of stakeholders and build relationships that augment the cause of the program and institution
- Identifying fresh advocacy opportunities in areas of work requiring changes to laws and rules
III. Qualifications and Experience
- A post graduate degree in the fields of urban development, economics, development/social studies or law;
- At least 8 years of professional work experience
- Candidates from alternative academic backgrounds with outstanding academic and career accomplishments, a passion for urban transformation and social change and willingness and ability to work hard and learn quickly would also be considered.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.