Assistant Manager at Ixigo
Views:1889 Applications:613 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:167
ixigo - Growth Manager - Marketing (3-7 yrs)
ixigo is an AI-based travel app that helps millions of users plan and book their trips every day. Launched in 2007, ixigo is proud to have built numerous industry-first AI-innovations over the last decade. With pre-emptive help from ixigo at every touch-point of their journey, 150 million Indians are now making smarter travel decisions every year. ixigo uses Artificial Intelligence for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, dynamic marketing, airfare predictions, train delay information, PNR confirmation status, infrastructure cost optimization, business intelligence and providing fully-automated customer service over chat and voice. This makes ixigo a lean, tech-intensive and capital-efficient travel business, serving millions of travelers with a team size of under 200. Founded in 2007 by Aloke Bajpai & Rajnish Kumar, ixigo's investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun RZ Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
- ixigo is looking for a creative, analytical, and intuitive person with a strong understanding of driving user growth & engagement using non-traditional, unproven, and innovative marketing methods. The person should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving problems and can thrive in a startup culture.
- As a growth hacker at ixigo, you will own the growth story of one or more products at ixigo. You will also:
- Track and report on Performance KPIs across all acquisition, engagement & retention channels to optimize ROI, including highlighting potential investment tradeoffs between all CPA-based activities.
- Leverage market research and audience insights to think creatively about segmenting, targeting, and reaching potential customers with the appropriate channels and messages, and ensure creative validation through testing.
- Creating guerilla marketing campaigns/growth hacks with a mix of code and imagination to drive more visibility and usage for ixigo.
- You will work on increasing conversions & reducing drop-offs throughout the user funnel.
- Try out new and emerging marketing opportunities, platforms, and acquiring users for zero or as close to zero as possible marketing spends. When stuff works, transitioning it to traditional online marketeers to scale.
- Driving usage and engagement growth for ixigo's apps.
- Suggesting product tweaks and integrations that can drive hyper viral growth.
- Identifying new and efficient marketing channels for driving faster adoption.
- Identifying product and content opportunities for creating viral growth.
- Culling out stuff that isn't working.
Skills & Qualifications :
- B.Tech/B.E. from a Tier 1 college. MBA is a plus.
- At least 3 years of prior experience in driving growth and engagement for the internet and mobile products.
- Prior experience in startups and in launching and growing internet and mobile products from zero to millions of users a big plus.
- Strong understanding of mobile apps and user behavior on smartphones/internet
- Hands-on experience with Marketing Automation tools like Clevertap with in-depth knowledge of engagement channels like Email, Push, SMS & Whatsapp.
- Awesome communication and copywriting skills. Ability to express ideas into words in a very easy to understand form.
- A knack for trying out new and latest mobile apps, web products, platforms, Saas products etc. and quickly identifying use cases that could be of interest, and getting hands dirty and playing with them to see if they can drive faster growth.
- Creativity, Intuition, Analytical & UX Skills akin to product managers.
- Deep understanding of Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media,
- Content Marketing & Email marketing.
- Obsession with measurement and analytics. Prior experience with A/B testing tools, Google Analytics etc. is a big plus.
- Ability to use photoshop or basic image editing tools another big plus.
- A quidnunc when it comes to news about tech/mar-tech/apps/startups.
- An eye for detail along with high benchmarks for quality.
- Great people skills!
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management.
- High energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals.
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Our Culture: ixigo is proud to have built an entrepreneurial culture that has become a folk-lore in the startup ecosystem. One in every four ixigems has gone on to build successful startups and companies. Our cultural values of integrity, empathy, ingenuity, awesomeness, and resilience have stood the tests of time and we- ve built a fun, flexible and creative work environment that is driven by people with a high degree of ownership. You will get to work with some of the smartest folks in the Indian startup ecosystem, and solve some of the toughest problems for the next billion users by using bleeding-edge technologies. Oh, and we have an awesome - play area, great chai/coffee, free lunches (yes, they exist!) and a workspace you will fall in love with.