Decision Maker at GIG Consultants
Views:162 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
IT QA Testing Role - BFS (12-15 yrs)
IT QA Testing - Clix Capital
Mandatory : 12 to 15 years of Experience in Indian NBFC /Indian Bank heading Application deployment / Release Management with deep knowledge of LOS /LMS /Collection Management Application deployments.
Skills needed :
- QA Management experience across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house.
- Be a strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company's QA processes and strategies.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Experience managing testing departments or testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Flexible with the ability to and work under pressure.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator, influencing skills and negotiation skills to get management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organization.
- Providing leadership
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- The ability to prioritize work and tasks under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery.
Head of QA Responsibilities :
- Responsible for Defining QA strategy, approach and execution in development projects.
- Responsible for Leading and directing the QA leadership team.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Be accountable for the test automation projects, mentor, and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
- Participate in interviews, induction, training and performance evaluation of all QA leads.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Manage training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Work with QA managers, Development managers and the Software Development Director to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.