Manager - Centre for Analytical Finance at Indian School of Business
Views:5049 Applications:410 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:66
ISB - Research Associate - Finance - Center for Analytical Finance (0-3 yrs)
Research Associate - Center for Analytical Finance, Indian School of Business
The Centre for Analytical Finance (CAF) at the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, is looking for Research Associates in Finance.
Position details and other information
The selected candidates receive training in finance and econometrics, develop a solid grounding in theoretical and applied finance, and work on various research projects. The training and skills gained enable the candidates to contribute to high-quality finance research projects, usually in association with faculty. They also prepare them for admission to doctoral (or equivalent) programmes at premier business schools in the world, leading eventually to a career in finance research at a top-tier business school or research organisation.
The total length of their employment at CAF does not exceed 2 years. They are expected to proceed to higher degree programmes in two years or sooner. The exact period can be mutually negotiated.
The researchers are required to help with other CAF activities, including organization of research databases, conferences and workshops.
Who should apply -
Candidates aspiring to pursue a PhD in economics/finance at a world - class institution and make their mark in academics and research following their PhD.
What Should you have
- A strong interest in finance.
- A strong interest in a research career.
- Outstanding academic records with excellent analytical and computing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical packages such as C++, SAS, STATA, MatLab etc. is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Econometrics is preferred
- 1-3 years- of experience is preferred
How to Apply
The applications for the post of researchers are accepted round the year. Your application should include a CV with the information mentioned below:
- Academic performance and grades in all degree programmes.
- Details of any finance courses taken along with a short description.
- Evidence of proficiency in programming languages and statistical packages, if any.
- Work experience, if any.
- Your contact information.
- Two references, including one from your most recent degree programme.
- A short statement outlining your motivation in applying to CAF as well as your future career goals.
Venkatesh Ramamoorthy - Tufts University, Fall of 2018
Nishant Vats - Chicago Booth School of Business, Fall of 2017
Yakshup Chopra - Olin Business School, Washington University, Fall of 2017
Abhishek Bhardwaj - New York University's Stern School of Business, Fall of 2016
Gursharan Singh Bhue - Chicago Booth School of Business, Fall of 2015
Subhendu Bhowal - MIT Sloan School of Management, Fall of 2014
Arkodipta Sarkar - London School of Business, Fall of 2014
Saptarshi Mukherjee - New York University's Stern School of Business, Fall of 2013
Rahul Chhabra - The Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, Fall of 2012
Siddharth Vij - New York University's Stern School of Business, Fall of 2012
Manpreet Singh - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Fall of 2011
Naveen Reddy - The Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Fall of 2011
Leena Kinger Hans - London School of Business, Fall of 2010
Vidya Kamate - The Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Fall of 2009
Vishal Mangla - The Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Fall of 2008