Associate Director - Human Resources at Indian School of Business
Views:608 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:110
ISB - Associate - Research - SRITNE (1-2 yrs)
Research Associate- Srini Raju Centre for IT & the networked economy (SRITNE)
- The Srini Raju Center for Information Technology and the Networked Economy (SRITNE) has an open position for a Research Associate with research interests in technology, technological innovation and the digital economy.
- Ideal for someone with strong data analysis skills, excellent written communication skills, and looking for a stepping stone to a world-renowned PhD program. SRITNE RAs have typically secured admission to leading doctoral programs worldwide, including PhD programs at various University of California campuses, INSEAD, London Business School, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, University of Texas at Austin, University of Maryland, University of Toronto, Columbia University, and University of Minnesota.
- Assist in research projects in diverse areas such as technology innovation and entrepreneurship, business value of technology, effects of the digital economy and digital business models, and the impact of technology interventions on public policy
- Assist in various aspects of the research process, including literature review, data collection, data analytics, preparing presentations, and writing and formatting academic articles. There will be opportunities to independently develop research ideas and co-author papers with faculty.
- Data collection, analytics, and report writing
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Engineering/ Economics from a top tier college
- Prior research experience is strongly preferred, especially if accompanied by knowledge of statistical programming packages like Stata, R, and Python
- Advanced machine learning (e.g., LASSO, random forest, gradient boosting, decision trees, etc.) skills is a valuable plus
- Ability to collect, clean, normalize and manipulate large datasets (cross sectional and time series); skilled in exploratory data analyses, creative data visualisation and infographics generation
- Ability to convert technical papers into data briefs, policy briefs, op eds etc. is a plus
- Resourceful, detail oriented, excellent organization skills, and demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Motivation to learn and strong work ethic are necessary