ISB - Associate Director - Student Engagement & Applied Learning (14-17 yrs)
At ISB, Student Engagement and Applied Learning (SEAL) is committed to creating a holistic learning environment for all academic programmes.
The jobholder as Associate Director - SEAL, reports to the Director - SEAL and will be the overall in charge of the Learning & Development (L&D) vertical within SEAL. The AD in charge of L&D will perform a set of key responsibilities which enable the development of opportunities for students to apply and augment their in-classroom learning, and planning and driving initiatives for promoting student learning outside the classroom. The position works closely with students in connecting them to ISB alumni through targeted career and professional development programs. The incumbent will have the ability to work on both small and large projects and multitask across various parallel interventions at various stages of development/execution.
This role is very crucial for the school as it helps temper student expectations from ISB as an institution via accurate and timely information, guidance, and well-crafted interventions that set the correct tone, and help elevate their b-school experience.
Specifically, the role entails:
Designing Learning & Development interventions:
- The incumbent will work with ISB alumni, PGP and modular programme students, Career Advancement Services (CAS) and corporate stakeholders to design interventions that will help current students bridge the gap between their pre-ISB profiles, and their post-ISB aspirations.
- This position requires expertise in gleaning the learning requirements of students from across industry and functional verticals and customizing applied learning deliverables accordingly. The incumbent must also have the ability to engage with and leverage support from the alumni, collaborate with various CAS CRs, and build relationships with corporate stakeholders to get timely and relevant inputs to plan the L&D activities. S/he will also be required to mentor professional student clubs in terms of the L&D requirements of their respective cohorts.
Managing and growing Learning & Development portfolio at SEAL
Apart from designing relevant interventions, the job holder needs to manage and grow the entire portfolio for such interventions. S/he needs to actively network with alumni, from across all academic programmes, and continuously look for new ways to improve upon existing interventions by requesting feedback and seeking inputs. S/he needs to play a key role in working with corporate stakeholders to develop creative and innovative learning activities (viz workshops, case studies, etc.) pertaining to the various job roles aspired to by current students. This includes creating a repository of all learning interventions in a format to be leveraged for future classes. Improve upon and manage the Student Growth Accelerator (SGA) and Knowledge Management Portal (KMP) to make them more exhaustive, intuitive and position them as the go to knowledge resources.
The job holder also oversees the budget for L&D, and that requisite support in terms of organizing manpower, finance, administrative arrangements and any other assistance towards creating interventions is available without hassle.
The current L&D portfolio at ISB that the incumbent would be expected to manage and develop includes (but is not limited to):
- One-to-Many Alumni Careers Overview programs
- One-to-One Alumni-Student Goal Setting programs
- Resume and career workshops (Resume Writing, Mock-interviews Skills, etc.)
- Facilitating professional and career development workshops for students as needed
- Student-Alumni Mentoring and networking programs
- Managing Knowledge Management Portal (KMP), the intra-net based careers portal
New Programs Design & Execution :
To increase the impact on learning and subsequent career prospects of students, the incumbent will be responsible for the identification and development of new innovative programs, recruitment of trainers and providers and program implementation. The job holder needs to continuously leverage on the alumni and industry relationships to draw upon the experiences of the companies during recruitments, specifically for PGP, PGPpro, and PGPMAX students.
Designing and Executing Interventions for New Admits :
To help admitted students make the most of their ISB programmes, the incumbent will be responsible for designing L&D interventions creating a learning base for new admits. S/he will need to assess career aspirations and development needs of all admitted students via primary research tools, leverage these as inputs to design online training modules to be undertaken before a student joins the course, and manage the executions of these modules end to end, finishing with the collection of feedback on every intervention executed.
Academic Programs Orientation :
The incumbent is responsible for designing and delivering the Orientation for all the academic programmes, so as to create a seamless transition from corporate to campus, and set the context for, the engagement and applied learning activities to take place throughout the length of the programme. S/he will need to collaborate with various key stakeholders including Faculty, respective program Alumni, Admissions, FARO and ASA, and all the support departments, to ensure effective planning and delivery. Specifically, for PGP, s/he will need to work with LEAD faculty to help synergize LEAD curriculum and L&D pathways. S/he will also need to design the activity calendar, plan the budget, and manage the on-ground execution of the entire programme.
- The incumbent needs to work towards building awareness about L&D activities on an on-going basis, and marketing the interventions internally to the relevant audience (PGP, PGPpro, PGPMAX, and MFAB)
- S/he is responsible for managing all the activities within the planned budget.
- In order to ensure effective execution of the job, s/he is also required to train team members and provide the guidance and support they require to perform their job effectively.
- The incumbent will be responsible for BD activities and sourcing relevant consulting projects for the Experiential Learning Programme. S/he is required to mentor students to help them gain a holistic perspective in handling business situations across sectors. The job holder is expected to guide and lead the team that supports students with their credit courses, grading and evaluation for every student.
- S/he should collaborate with the team at Mohali Campus to ensure that the activities common across the campuses are handled smoothly and in tandem.