Founder at I Say Organic
Views:8154 Applications:476 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:265
ISayOrganic - Operations & Growth Manager (2-5 yrs)
Operations & Growth Manager
- I Say Organic- believes that respect and responsibility should be at the core of how we produce and consume food. We are certain that once these values start driving consumer demand, the shift towards ecological agriculture will expedite itself! Our job is to ensure that this demand is fulfilled the best possible way, so that we keep moving towards our goal.
We bring the best quality certified organic produce directly from farmers to the customer's doorstep through a hassle-free and quick web and phone based service. Our farmers are paid fair prices and are now earning 40% more than they were before. We reach 3,000 farmers in 9 states, and have become a household name for over 6,000 families in Delhi-NCR, helping them lead a healthier lifestyle.
Our team consists of accomplished individuals from leading international and Indian universities with varied backgrounds in organic farming (of course!), brand management, luxury sales, filmmaking, and sustainability. We have cross-functional teams and operate in an open environment. While we structure projects to be collaborative so that everyone's strengths are fully utilized, we also strongly believe in individual goals and targets, both professional and personal.
In the Media:
CNBC Awaaz | CNN-IBN | Your Story | Times Now | India Today | Ashoka | Down to Earth | The Guardian | The New India Express | Outlook Business | Economic Times
Roles & Responsibilities:
The pre-requisite for this role is that you are unbelievably organized, quick with numbers, proud of your communication skills, and above all can manage timely execution of anything! This is a key position and the selected candidate will be working closely with the CEO in planning growth, distribution, and new sales channels and will overall be responsible for the entire product and service life cycle. A successful candidate in this role is very likely to grow into a leadership position in the organization.
Processes and Quality:
- Ensuring quality and efficiency of day-to-day frontend operations - quality control, efficient packaging, accurate order fulfillment & deliveries.
- Working closely with the customer experience manager in setting up effective feedback mechanism to identify weak points, and create plans to rectify, and coordinate across all teams to implement
- Always attentive to how customer experience can be enhanced, planning and executing new operational measures around that
- Enforcing SOP's across all operational teams
- Reporting KPI's on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Coordinating with the IT development team to ensure the website and software tools are functioning as intended to ensure the smoothest customer experience possible
- Defining specifications for new technology tools needed to improve operational efficiency and enhance customer experience like inventory management, streamlining logistics, CRM, ERP, etc.
Supply Chain & Logistics:
- Ensure all products are always in stock, while wastage is minimum (target = 0%!). That means you will be preparing order requirements, keep up with demand trends, marketing plans, company targets, and plan accordingly. This will be both for perishables (fruits, veggies) and non-perishables (grains, pulses, spices, oils, honey, etc).
- Analyze the trends from the past 2 years, do whatever surveys necessary, to prepare forecasts for the forthcoming year. These will get used to plan the next crop cycle with farmers, identify farmers in other agro-climatic regions if needed, and also decide quantities for crops needed to be bulk purchased.
- Ensure smooth customer experience including efficient distribution, warehousing, and order fulfillment
Growth Planning & Business Development
- Scale up plan - multi warehouse, multi city operation
- Developing and executing relationships with various bulk buyers
- Relevant experience - Distribution & Logistics, Forecasting - 2-4 years
- Education - Masters or Bachelors degree from a top ranked university or college in either business, operations/supply chain, economics, or engineering
- Super at multi-tasking, delivering results on time, minute attention to detail
- Extremely well organized and a self-starter
- People's person - can talk to anyone, personable
- Expert troubleshooter
- Manage a diverse group of people, make them work together effectively
- Nice to haves - Demonstrated interest in inclusive & sustainable development, well informed about different aspects of organic agriculture, client servicing
- Competitive, based on experience
- Position qualifies for Stock Options
To Apply :
Submit the following. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- PDF copy of updated Resume
- Cover letter talking about why this role is of interest, & why you think you are a good fit. Also mention your long-term career goals, and why you think this role will help you get there.
- What you think should be the top 5 indicators to evaluate the quality of service for I Say Organic
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.