Fund Manager at Buy Side Institution
Views:2447 Applications:539 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:149
Invexa Capital - Equity Research Analyst - Pharmaceutical/Healthcare Sector (3-5 yrs)
About Invexa Capital LLP:
- Invexa Capital LLP is an India-focused boutique investment vehicle set up by seasoned Indian Investor Madhusudan Kela, with a focus on differentiated investment bets straddling across sectors, themes, and asset classes.
- We seek a passionate individual who is able to navigate the domain complexities in Chemicals / Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, along with the challenges that come with a high performance investing set-up
- An academic degree related to above domain would be preferred, but not a deal breaker if you can otherwise prove your domain understanding
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector (corporate strategy or consulting or related backgrounds), with a strong analytical mindset, and affinity for research (oriented towards investment decision making). Relevant Buy side / Sell side research experience / Investment Banking experience will also be a good fit.
- The role will involve conducting research on listed pharmaceutical / specialty chemical / agrochemical companies, maintaining excel models, developing a compelling investment thesis on specific companies. Over time, it will possibly evolve to cover other sectors / themes also.
- Tracking of global and Indian companies in the relevant domain, primarily listed, but where needed to cover unlisted space also.
- Analysis to involve thematic / domain related research, financial analysis, understanding the competitive landscape, bottom-up research on specific companies, and getting into details of geographical / product wise / segment wise strategy.
- Ability to back your research / analysis with channel checks and relevant industry insights, where needed maintain your independent network within the industry for the same.
- Detailed investment recommendations, research reports and presentations - structure the output depending on the audience.
- Active contribution to final investment decision-making.
- Portfolio Management activity - Monitor quarterly results and periodically update investment recos for portfolio companies, attend conferences / analyst meets AGMs, industry events etc.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and developments.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Science, MBBS, Engineering (Chemicals preferred), MBA, CA or a related field. CFA would be good to have, but not a prerequisite. Candidates having domain understanding of Chemicals / Pharma preferred
- CXO engagement capabilities / experience having worked with CXOs
- 3-5 years of experience in Equity Research / Investment Banking / Private Equity / Consulting, preferably in the Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare sector
- Advanced Excel / Financial Modelling tools
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Adept at structured communication, building presentations. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Bloomberg / Reuters / Factset / Ace-Equity and such other databases, will be an added advantage
- Flat organization structure and direct reporting to the Partners
- Opportunity to work with one of the stalwarts of Indian Capital Markets
- Chance to make a tangible and measurable contribution to the investment decision making
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Access to industry research and resources
Apply only if you are a highly motivated individual and have directly relevant experience!