Consultant - Banking at Michael Page International
Views:702 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Investment Manager - Client Acquisition (4-6 yrs)
Investment Manager (Client Acquisition)- Mumbai
Mumbai | Permanent
Liaise with senior stake-holders across diplomatic and business platforms
Work across a wide range of industries in a truly international set-up
About Our Client
Our clients here are the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) and the Government of South Australia. They operate through a network of close to 20 offices in the South Asia market, with a strong emphasis on generating outward FDI for various companies/businesses in the parent country (Australia). They have a strong network of offices in the India market with operations across the major cities, and are currently looking to hire Investment Managers, based out of Mumbai.
The roles, both reporting to an Investment commissioner are:
- Investment Manager (Austrade): Where The incumbent will play a key role in promoting and supporting Australian businesses in India and influencing Indian based firms to establish business operations in Australia
- Investment Manager (South Australia): The incumbent will play a key role in promoting and supporting South Australian businesses in India and influencing Indian based firms to establish business operations in South Australia.
In either role, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying prospective investors in the India market who would be keen on investing in operations in Australia/South Australia
- Developing a strong Investor base, and ensuring co-ordination between the client and company through CRM tools and techniques
- Working with the team to achieve planned targets for outward investment
- Acting as a custodian for Australia in the India market, and helping to raise brand awareness, thereby creating investment opportunities.
- On a daily basis, you will be required to approach prospective investors, understand their investment potential/appetite and liaise with companies back home to help close out FDI deals.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a post graduate with around 5 years of post qualification experience in sales, business development or investment management. Experience of having worked in the Mumbai market is a must. A highly motivated self-starter; you will possess excellent communication, presentation and networking skills. Prior experience in having worked with international trade promotion agencies is a plus as is any knowledge of industries such as Energy, Natural Resources, Education, Aerospace, Defense and Clean Technology. An ability to articulate the Australia’s advantage as an investment destination is a prerequisite for this role.
What's On Offer
A chance to work in a fast-paced, client-facing role with an international and highly professional set-up, which offers great pay and learning opportunities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.