Recruitment Sourcing Manager at Allegis
Views:1040 Applications:237 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:75
Investment Banking Professional - Valuations - BFS (2-12 yrs)
Division Overview :
Valuation Control is a specialist group within Market and Valuations Risk Management (MVRM) that manages a wide range of relevant risk and implementation topics to ensure integrity and control over all aspects of the valuation of the Bank's trading portfolios.
This includes :
- Performance of monthly and intra-month Independent Price Verification (IPV), Reserves and Prudential Capital
- Oversight and development of valuation, reserve and Prudential Capital methodologies
- Analysis and management of key valuation uncertainty issues through DB's senior management
- Review of bespoke derivative and structured financing trades.
Valuations works closely with its Risk Management partners, Finance, and Trading globally and employs a team extension model in Mumbai.
Role Summary :
- The primary function of the role is to generate, monitor and articulate results of daily and month end IPV for respective risk parameters, calculate liquidity reserves and Prudential Valuation results working in partnership with Risk function & methodology specialists.
- The candidate is required to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Rates markets in both cash and derivative product.
- The candidate is expected to bring well-developed stakeholder management in addition to infrastructural and product technical skill sets and to establish a solid commercial and valuation risk culture in partnership with senior stakeholders.
- Key Stakeholders: Senior Risk, Valuations and Finance Management, Front Office and Regulators.
Role Responsibilities :
- Management of stakeholder relationships across the region.
- Continued technical evolution of valuation risk and reserve methodologies.
- Generating IPV results to ensure accurate marking of books on a monthly and daily basis. Escalation of issues to Senior Risk and Valuation Management, Finance Management, Business Management and the Valuation function globally.
- Ensure consistent valuation and adjustments methodologies are adopted within the group.
- Ensure all aspects of valuation control are adequately documented for internal and external requirements.
- Proactively improve processes and methods including streamlining, automation and off-shoring of existing processes.
- Liaison with Trading, Senior Finance Management, Market Risk Management, internal/external audit and regulators on valuation issues as they arise.
- The team engages in a number of high profile function and bank-wide initiatives and is deeply involved in ad-hoc analysis under tight timelines. It is expected that the applicant will be significantly involved in this work.
- Ongoing personal development will be both 'on-the-job', via specific in-house and external courses, and through and web-based product courses.
Education / Qualifications / Certification :
- High level of academic achievement, preferably from an accounting / mathematical / statistical / engineering / economics background.
Previous work experience :
- Ideally the candidate will have several years of experience within the valuation / Market Risk departments of investment bank with in-depth knowledge of Rates markets.
- Specific exposure to IPV, reserving, pricing and modelling aspects of valuation control of trading businesses is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, VBA and possibly Python, hands-on experience of market data providers including Reuters, Bloomberg, ISMA and Markit.
Key Competencies :
- The individual should be highly motivated and have demonstrated an ability to work in a team. They should be able to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and take a proactive approach to all aspects of the role. They should have an ability to devise creative solutions to issues as they arise while maintaining a strategic perspective.
- The candidate must be numerate, articulate and confident. Must be able to interact effectively with the trading staff and senior management. Good communication and organizational skills required.
Years of Exp : 2 years to 12 years
Levels : Analyst, Sr. Analyst, Associate, AVP and VP
Hiring for across all asset classes.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.