Investment Analyst - Family Office (3-6 yrs)
A large 51-year-old conglomerate with business across Africa/ Europe, Middle East, and India
The role is open for expats either based in Dubai or willing to relocate to Dubai Visa Sponsored
Investment Analyst- Single Family Office (Dubai)
Job Description and Role:
We are seeking an experienced Investment Analyst to join our fast-growing Indian family office based in Dubai. As an Investment Analyst, you will work closely with the Portfolio Manager and contribute to the analysis and management of investments across various asset classes including Equities (listed equities and derivatives), Debt Securities, Commodities, Private Equity, Hedge funds, and Real Estate.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Investment Analysis:
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in conducting investment analysis for different asset classes.
- Perform research and gather data on potential investment opportunities.
- Analyze financial statements and evaluate investment risks.
- Build financial models and conduct thorough financial analysis.
- Prepare investment memos to support investment decisions.
- Monitor the global macro environment, financial markets, specific industries, and emerging trends.
2. Portfolio Management:
- Prepare regular market updates and summaries of bank commentaries.
- Provide support in engaging with financial institutions such as banks and brokers, including assistance with investment concepts, trade execution, and generating investment ideas.
- Monitor existing portfolios and investments, ensuring alignment with high-level strategy, objectives and goals.
- Prepare portfolio updates and performance analysis reports, including risk metrics.
- Conduct periodic meetings with investees to assess their fitness for the current portfolio.
- Contribute ideas to improve the investment monitoring process.
3. Due Diligence Support:
- Provide due diligence support for investment initiatives across all asset classes.
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze data related to potential investments.
- Conduct risk assessments and contribute to the improvement of the due diligence process.
4. Financial Reporting and Control:
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- Maintain records for capital market investments.
- Control 3rd party expenses, bank charges, and brokerages.
- Prepare management information system (MIS) reports showing overall business performance.
- Handle online payments and support other projects as required.
- CA or MBA Finance from Tier 1 institute (IIMs, JBIMS, XLRI, ISB, FMS, SP Jain, IIT Bombay - MBA Batch 2016-2018).
- Holding certifications such as CFA or FRM would be considered an additional advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Investment/Corporate Banking, Family Offices, Strategy Teams of Tier I Corporates, Fund houses, or Transaction advisory teams of Big 4.
- Strong technical competencies in Excel, financial statements, financial markets, and derivatives.
- Exposure to Bloomberg is preferred.