Portfolio Manager at Equity Investment Firm
Views:3465 Applications:971 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:442
Investment Analyst - Equity Investment Firm (2-10 yrs)
We are an investment firm which employs a deep-value fundamentals-based long-term approach to investing around the world with a particular focus on India.
This is a rare and interesting buyside investment opportunity.
Job Description :
- New Investments: Analyze potential investment opportunities across various sectors, conduct fundamental research, read annual reports, assess sell-side and industry reports. Ability to understand businesses in detail and think about qualitative aspects of what leads to a business- moat, drives growth and costs. Conduct ad-hoc research and data gathering on specific research topics. Over time, the analyst would be expected to start generating own investment ideas.
- Modelling: Build detailed three statement financial models.
- Existing Investments: Ongoing monitoring of existing investments against valuation, performance metrics and overall investment thesis.
- Manage Due diligence analysts: work with due diligence analysts to monitor their daily work. Communicate with PM of the fund on a daily basis.
- Forensics: Go through MCA data to investigate promoter quality.
We are open to candidates across various levels of work experience. Responsibilities and compensation would be dependent on the experience level of the candidate selected.
- Hard working and a quick learner.
- Ability to come up with original points of view.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong attention to detail
- A passion for investing and a strong desire to build a career in value and fundamentals-oriented investing.
- 2-10 years- work experience across equity research, investment banking, private equity, management consulting, financial journalism, forensics, or related areas.
- Familiarity with financial statements and excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
The compensation for this position would consist of a fixed salary and a variable bonus, dependent on individual and fund performance.