Views:4139 Applications:996 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Investment Analyst - BFSI Sector (2-7 yrs)
The Investment Analyst will work with the firm's broader investment team, while assuming analytical responsibility for companies in the Banking and Financial Services sectors in India. The Analyst will provide investment recommendations on long and short investments in the designated sector. The Analyst will also participate in the broader investment discussions across sectors.
The Firm is an investment advisor to a leading Foreign Portfolio Investor (FPI) with a demonstrated track record of outperformance over a decade+ in India.
- Responsibility for the analysis of underlying companies in the Banking and Financial Services sector.
- Thorough research on the sector and underlying companies using all available and provided sources (including, but not limited to, company managements, competitors, vendors, third party research providers, sell side, expert networks, distributors, alternate data, etc) to formulate a view on the stocks under assigned coverage.
- Create and maintain investment models on each company.
- Attend industry events, sell side conferences, management meetings.
- Develop industry and market updates.
- Develop, maintain and contribute to checklists for investment process.
- Communicate views through written and verbal presentations.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MBA/CFA/CA or relevant degree
- 2-7 years of relevant experience in the banking and financial services sector equity research/investments
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to dissect a company's financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Highly motivated, self-starter, independent thinker
- Ability to think logically, critically & quickly
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a broader research/investment team
- A passion for the stock market and understanding of the lifecycle of companies over the long term
- Experience in Indian equities
- Possess core principles of integrity, accountability, humility and drive