Investment Analyst/Associate - Hedge Fund - Public Equities (1-8 yrs)
Position Title: Analyst/Associate
Location: New Delhi, India
We are an investment firm based in London, focused on long-term investments in Indian public equities with a multi-year investment horizon. We look for businesses for which the market substantially underestimates the franchise value, management quality, and capacity for growth and high returns to shareholders.
We extensively research a sector or business before investing and maintain a highly concentrated portfolio of 5-15 stocks that we believe are the most compelling opportunities in India. The firm was founded in 2019, and its investors comprise some of the world's leading university endowments and foundations, with long-term capital commitments enabling the firm to take a 5-10-year view.
The firm invests across all sectors with a bias towards financials, consumer, and technology companies. The team is, and will always remain, small and agile, composed of high-energy, intellectually curious minds with an entrepreneurial bent.
We are looking to add an investment team member, based at the firm's New Delhi office, to be on-ground in India to closely work with the lead Portfolio Manager to identify and research core portfolio holdings. The role requires running with the investment process from start to finish alongside the PM. The position offers a stimulating set of responsibilities in a collegial environment in which intellectual rigor, teamwork, and critical judgment are required and rewarded. All investment team members are expected to be generalists. The role is structured as a 2 year program with the option to extend indefinitely as a career role in case of a mutual fit.
Please only apply if you have any one or more of the following (a) Investment experience - Public markets fundamentals-based investing (not quant), (b) Investment experience - Private Equity (c) Investment Banking experience at leading IB
(d) Consulting experience at M/B/B
- Detailed financial modeling (capital structure analysis, earnings projections, valuation)
- Market analysis, peer comparison of businesses with both Indian and global peers.
- Traveling across India and interviewing senior executives of various public companies.
- Primary due diligence - willing to do extensive channel checks in person to understand portfolio businesses very well. Get hands dirty.
- Monitoring and evaluating news flow on investment positions and drafting, updating, and presenting detailed investment memoranda. Taking ownership, providing opinions.
- Most important: self-motivated, with a passion for markets and investing.
- Needs to be hungry and work hard to become the best in this field. Assume 6 days a week. This is not a remote job.
- Exceptional ability to analyze financial statements, patience to read annual reports.
- Experience creating financial models from scratch. This is a core requirement.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Have original opinions. Ability to debate and argue, develop unique perspectives.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Excellent academic credentials with evidence of strong analytical skills.
- More than 1 year of experience in banking, investing, or related fields.