Employee Engagement Partner at Invest India
Views:1704 Applications:451 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
Invest India - Specialist - Investments (1-3 yrs)
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a joint venture between the Department of Promotion for Internal Trade & Industry (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), and State Governments. It hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to catalyze startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with a national platform in a startup-like setup. We are a young organization looking for candidates that are passionate about India.
Job Overview :
DPIIT has created Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) with an outlay of INR 945 Crore to provide financial assistance to startups for Proof of Concept, prototype development, product trials, market-entry, and commercialization. The Hon'ble Prime Minister announced the scheme on the 16th of January in his Grand Plenary address of Prarambh : Startup India International Summit.
The Startup India Seed Fund scheme will be the primary project for the candidate. In addition, the candidate will be working on various other projects at Startup India.
About the Role :
For the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme, the Candidate is expected to :
- Build and execute an outreach strategy to create awareness about the scheme amongst incubators and startups
- Screen incubator applications and organize regular meetings for application evaluation by the high-level committee for the scheme
- Enable capacity development of selected Incubators, conduct due diligence, and handhold startup/incubator beneficiaries throughout the fund lifecycle (application, evaluation, monitoring)
- Formalize & execute a process to track fund disbursements, measure RoI, and to provide insights from collected data
As part of other projects, the Candidate is also expected to :
- Handhold startups and Government departments in entrepreneurial subjects to create a conducive startup ecosystem
- Provide support to DPIIT officials for formulating policies, schemes, measures etc.
- Address ad hoc requests from DPIIT such as preparation of reports, briefs, etc.
- Resolve queries and grievances of startups and other stakeholders in stipulated time
The role requires regular travel (short trips) to assist various stakeholders.
- Bachelor's or master's degree (CA / Public Policy or Development Studies / Economics or Management Sciences or a related the field will be preferred)
- 1-3 years of work experience (Consulting Firm/ Investment Bank/ Venture Capital/ International Institutions such as World Bank, UNDP etc. will be preferred)
- Excellent Research, Communications, and Analytical Skills
- Experience in Policy facilitation, Project Management with the State Govt. or Govt. of India is a plus