Employee Engagement Partner at Invest India
Views:1408 Applications:356 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:75
Invest India - Specialist - Agriculture/Food Processing & Animal Husbandry Sector - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (2-6 yrs)
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, constituted under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry. As the national investment promotion and facilitation agency, Invest India focuses on sector-specific investor targeting and development of new partnerships to enable sustainable investments in India. In addition to a core team that focuses on sustainable investments, Invest India also partners with substantial investment promotion agencies and multilateral organizations. Invest India also actively works with Indian states /UTs to build capacity as well as bring in global best practices in investment targeting, promotion and facilitation areas.
Under the sectorial team of Food Processing - Invest India, we are looking to hire Specialist who will be the supporting the team for various activities as stated below.
The member will be responsible for assisting the team lead to execute the strategy for promoting investments in agri-food and allied sectors. S/he will be closely working with stakeholders in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Department of Fisheries, Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, other concerned ministries/departments, industry associations, private companies etc. for promotion and facilitation of investments into these sectors, policy advocacy etc. The team members report into the Team Lead.
The roles and responsibilities of the team member would be to:
- Work in close coordination with team lead to ensure execution of the strategy of the division or project
- Lead preparation of high-quality research, reports, DPR's and briefing notes required for the division or project
- Coordinate with stakeholders for organising discussions, workshops, roadshows etc.
- Lead the facilitation for investors in agri-food and allied sectors
- Regularly update the company database on leads and client cases
- Contribute to the delivery of client objectives
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate or graduate degree in agriculture, food, dairy, fisheries and related streams from a premier university in India/abroad
- 2-6 years of work experience in a front-end role at a consulting firm / developmental agency/ investment bank / investment promotion agency / global corporate working in agriculture and allied sectors
- Experience of preparing DPR- s, policy briefs, policy analysis, research reports
- Ability to work in teams and take ownership of the task at hand
- Excellent communication, people and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight timelines
- Preference shall be given to those with domain knowledge in food processing and allied sectors. Some criteria may be relaxed for exceptional candidates may be from non-agricultural backgrounds but have.