Employee Engagement Partner at Invest India
Views:912 Applications:220 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Invest India - Manager/Senior Manager - Startup India (5-7 yrs)
About the Department:
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of the Government of India, under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The agency serves as the first point of contact for investors exploring India as a business destination. Invest India is responsible for numerous key government initiatives including Startup India, AGNIi, One District One Product, Project Monitoring Group, and Waste to Wealth among others.
About Startup India:
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to catalyze startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. Since the launch of the initiative on 16th January 2016, Startup India has rolled out several programs with the objective of supporting entrepreneurs and transforming India into a country of job creators instead of job seekers. The initiative under the leadership of DPIIT, works on several policy-level and execution-level programs such as - government connect for startups, regulatory support, expansion of market access, other central /state government ministries, departments, and Public Sector Undertakings, among others. The team is placed under Invest India as a facilitator and a think tank for the initiative.
- The Startup India initiative focuses on promotion of entrepreneurship and nurturing innovations in the country. The initiative is steered by DPIIT and facilitated by Invest India. The role focuses on creating a bridge between stakeholders and ensure seamless coordination on all activities.
- Manage relationship and engagements with DPIIT on behalf of entire Startup India team (selected candidate will sit at DPIIT premises)
- Anchor the approvals and file management
- Track and monitor progress of initiatives and programs
- Assist with responding to Public Grievances, Queries, Parliamentary queries, etc.
- End-to-end program management of specific ongoing projects
- Assist with startup facilitation cases and handhold & guide entrepreneurs on information about Startup India, incentives etc.
- Bachelors / Master's degree with 3-7 years of experience in consulting, public policy, strategy, project management and / or government relations
- Comfortable with ambiguity, thrives under uncertainty, and execution-focused projects involving additional administrative work
- Experience of working with government entities on public procurement, budget management, e-file systems, stakeholder engagement will be preferred
- Problem-solving approach, decision making and strong project management skills
- Excellent Research and Communications skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
What we offer:
- Opportunity to carve-out and lead your own initiatives that are aligned to promoting the startup ecosystem in the country
- Opportunity to represent Startup India in regional and international programs, offering a platform for exposure and networking opportunities
- Collaborative working environment with a good degree of autonomy
- Flat organization structure
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.