Employee Engagement Partner at Invest India
Views:899 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Invest India - Legal Consultant - Food Processing Sector (5-15 yrs)
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, constituted under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. As the national investment promotion and facilitation agency, Invest India focuses on sector-specific investor targeting and development of new partnerships to enable sustainable investments in India. In addition to a core team that focuses on sustainable investments, Invest India partners with substantial investment promotion agencies and multilateral organizations. Invest India also actively works with Indian states /UTs to build capacity as well as bring in global best practices in investment targeting, promotion and facilitation areas.
Under the sectorial team of Food Processing - Invest India which also enacts as the dedicated Investor Facilitation Cell of Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), we are looking to hire a Consultant (legal expert) who will be supporting the team for various activities as stated below. The position will be for a period of one year (extendable).
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsibility shall include, but not limited to, review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, documents, Scheme guidelines & amendments there to,
- Review ongoing cases, Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken, provide and interpret information with legal implications, handle RTI matters,
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers,
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations including WTO matters,
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Assist in evaluations and conducting thorough due diligence for all deals and transactions and effectively develop and implement appropriate risk-mitigation strategies. Shall also handle matter related to implementation of PLIS as and when assigned.
- Work in close coordination with team lead to ensure execution of the strategy of the division or project
- Contribute to the delivery of client objectives
Essential Qualification: Law degree from a reputed National Law School or Reputed Law College / University / Institution of India
Experience : Minimum 5 years of experience in law firm or multinational organisations (private sector - preferably agri-business / food processing industry) handling indirect taxation matters. Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial/ contract administration.
- Ability to work in teams and take ownership of the task at hand
- Excellent communication, people and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight timelines
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.