Invesco - Senior Analyst/Specialist - Financial Planning & Analysis (4-6 yrs)
Primary responsibility is to provide support to multiple Investment teams for US and Non-US business units by preparing monthly /quarterly supplemental reports designed to provide the business with useful financial data for better decision making purpose.
- Support in preparation of the Assets under management and sales reports for the multiple investment teams.
- Prepare expense and revenue highlights for all various investment teams
- Update the Assets under management and revenue worksheets to support the revenue highlights.
- Update the year to date and quarter to date flows by Portfolio account for fixed income teams.
- Assist in preparing the daily sales reports on regular basis with maintaining strict timelines set by the client.
- Analyze, interpret and explain variances arising in the daily report.
- Update the monthly reports with ongoing amendments for investment teams and simultaneously update the report books in the reporting tool in order to avoid any bottlenecks during the month beginning.
- Review/ quality check on all the reports prior to sending out for final review.
- Communicate the monthly deadlines for each report to the clients before month beginning to ensure reports are completed as per the timelines set and agreed.
- Understand any limitations & communicate expected delay in the set timelines to related parties.
- Adhering to compliance, SOX and internal controls of the process and organization.
- Meeting process SLA's on consistent basis.
- Take ownership of reviewing the reports done by the junior team members before sending out the reports to the clients.
- Prepare SOP, Process flow charts and ensure the changes are updated regularly.
- Capable enough to handle other sub-processes and be able to work on Urgent Adhoc requests.
- Ensures all team Members are trained on new procedures.
- Should be capable enough to take care of all the onsite and offshore queries and be able to resolve it independently.
- Be in a position to identify and place controls in place to capture any discrepancies in the reports.
- Participate in Continuous improvements projects under the direction of the supervisor.
A minimum of 4- 6 years of experience in accounting is required.
- A Bachelor's degree or Post Graduation in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Reporting tools: Excel/Macros/Oracle/Hyperion
SKILLS AND COMPETENCY:
- Must have strong accounting and financial principles
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Achieve excellence through strong execution
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate collaboration and team work
- Promotes Innovation and Continuous improvement
- Must be able to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications