Consultant at Kelly Services
Views:1095 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Internal Auditor/Senior Internal Auditor - BFS (5-14 yrs)
The company is looking to strengthen the Global Internal Audit team with the appointment of a Senior Internal Auditor based in Mumbai. Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the role provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Internal Audit professional wanting to develop their career in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and global environment.
Purpose of the Role
1. To assist and support the Head of Internal Audit and Internal Audit Manager to provide independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal processes and the control environment.
2. To carry out audits through all phases of the audit process from planning, audit fieldwork, developing recommendations and following up on these to ensure timely implementation.
3. Perform specific audit activities or in certain circumstances individual audit assignments in accordance with Board approved annual internal audit plan.
4. Comply with audit procedures when planning, performing fieldwork and reporting on internal audit findings.
Outputs and Accountabilities
1. To assist the Head of Internal Audit and Internal Audit Manager with the preparation of the annual Group-wide Internal Audit Plan.
2. Perform internal audit activities in accordance with the internal audit methodology and as directed by the Head of Internal Audit and Internal Audit Manager.
3. Perform internal audits or specific areas of an audit assignment in accordance with the requirements of the annual internal audit plan.
4. Assessing the effectiveness of the design and operation of internal controls across a range of financial and business processes.
5. Preparing the audit scope and detailed test plans
6. Documenting and reporting on the effectiveness of controls operation and testing.
7. Preparing the development of written reports to management summarising the assessment of controls and development of practical and sustainable recommendations to improve controls.
8. Perform full audit activities on entities and processes as directed while under the supervision of the Internal Audit management.
9. Participate in audit exit meetings where appropriate, and agree audit findings with relevant management and auditees during the performance of an audit.
10. Draft Internal Audit recommendations to be included in audit reports for the final review by the Audit Manager or Head of Internal Audit.
11. Assist with the monitoring of the implementation status of internal and external audit findings.
12. Perform ad-hoc or management requested audits as required.
13. Interacting with the business to build relationships.
14. Supporting the established profile of internal audit by effectively performing duties.
15. Support the maintenance of internal audit processes.
16. Assessing the effectiveness of the design and operation of internal controls across a range of financial and operational processes;
17. Supporting the development of audit scopes and detailed test plans, while scoping and planning some audits independently;
18. Documenting and reporting on the effectiveness of controls operation and testing;
19. Supporting the development of written reports to management summarizing the assessment of controls and development of practical recommendations to improve controls;
20. Interacting with the business to build relationships;
21. Supporting the established profile of Internal Audit by effectively performing duties;
22. Support the maintenance of Internal Audit processes; and
Education, Qualifications and necessary Experience:
- Graduate or equivalent ;
- Essential to be Qualified / part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- Proven PQE professional experience in internal audit in a large corporate environment;
- Previous Big 4 experience desirable
Roles, skills and attributes required
In order to achieve success in this role, it is key that the incumbent demonstrates the following:
- A keen interest in internal controls;
- Any IT audit qualification of interest but not essential.
Required Knowledge and Skills
1. Degree standard education and accounting qualification (ACA; ACCA; CIMA or equivalent)
2. Previous Big 4 experience is desirable and/or professional experience in Internal Audit in a corporate
3. A working knowledge of internal auditing standards, and audit techniques.
4. Ability to work on own initiative, and independently.
5. Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
6. Good prioritisation and time management skills
7. Flexible to changing business needs and adaptable to varied situations.
8. Confidence to recommend and communicate required actions to all levels.
9. PC Literate / Preferably some experience with audit software such as ACL or data analytic tools.-
10. This role has a global remit and requires the candidate to be able and flexible to travel to any Global location, including Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australasia. It is anticipated that overseas travel accounts for approximately 40%.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.