HR Recruiter at Live Connections
Views:2158 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Internal Auditor - BFS - CPA/CISA/CIA/ACA/ACCA (11-15 yrs)
Location: Bangalore (Should be willing to work in any work location subject to Audit assignment)
11-15 yrs of exp
Shift: 1 PM IST Login
It's an people manager role
ROLE OVERVIEW :
Company is recruiting for an Audit Manager I to join the Audit Services function to focus on audits of company asset servicing activities provided by our EMEA and Corporate and Institutional Services (C&IS) business unit. With this focus, team members have the unique opportunity to develop views towards enterprise risks across global processes and key technologies, drive thought leadership in assessing fraud risks and controls, and support data analytics strategies to increase assurance effectiveness.
- Team members are encouraged to build authentic relationships, think creatively and challenge the status quo, seek emerging trends and develop an insightful point-of-view, and hold themselves accountable in a flexible and delivery driven culture.
- Based in India but operating as part of a global matrix team structure, the Audit Manager I is responsible for supporting the delivery of the global C&IS and EMEA audit plans through oversight of audit engagement execution, which includes planning, and contributing to the project's scope, managing the budget and timeframes of the project to meet audit requirements, and ensuring delivery of high quality reporting and documentation in line with department Standards.
- The role is a direct report to an Audit Manager II based in India with functional alignment to an Audit Manager within the C&IS Business Unit & EMEA Audit Team. The individual will be responsible for their assigned staff's performance management process, recruiting and retention of and development of staff within the audit team.
- The role requires technical expertise and performs supervisor related work including training new employees or those with lesser experience, reviewing work of others, and providing regular feedback and coaching to employees. Additionally, the role will assist the Manager II in interacting with Regulators and Senior and Executive management, both locally and globally.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Demonstrating asset and fund servicing knowledge (e.g. custody services, fund administration or capital markets) typically gained in a financial services audit environment, through the following:
- Providing subject matter and technical expertise to the Audit Team and;
- Staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the asset servicing industry and how these impact the audit planning activities.
- Interacts and partners with the Business Partners and Audit Managers locally and globally to understand the risks within the business, business changes and other significant events that could significantly affect the business and/or the audit plan.
- Communicates with partners at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on operations and controls for the business unit.
- Works with global teams to ensure the risk-based audit program captures and covers relevant activities and functions.
- Improves risk management, control, and governance effectiveness through systematic, disciplined audit evaluations.
- Functions in various roles on audit engagements and other special projects as assigned, including leading, staffing, and providing consulting or oversight functions based on the needs of the team.
- Effectively manages teams and audit timelines to ensure on time delivery.
- Escalates to Management on a timely basis any delays to audit deliverables.
- Ensures timely reporting on Audit Services matters to management.
- Maintains familiarization and technical expertise with the C&IS business unit globally and in India, including organizational structure, personnel, activities and products, financial performance and risk and problem areas.
- Participates in meetings with business areas to discuss audit results.
- Manages and performs special projects as assigned.
- During audit engagements, assigns work to auditors who could be based in a number of locations, sets priorities and monitors activity.
- Reviews audit work including work paper documentation, findings and recommendations and the final report to ensure appropriate adherence to the Corporation- s/Department's Policies and Standards and ensuring work is performed within established timeframes.
- Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses.
Talent Management :
- Fosters a high performing India Audit Services team culture by encouraging employee participation, teamwork and communication.
- Develop the India Audit Services teams- capability to articulate core audit objectives, risks and procedures.
- Oversees the professional development and performance management processes by identifying training and development needs, and providing effective feedback.
- Conducts the annual performance management process for direct reports, in consultation with the functional manager to agree ratings.
- Sets the local context and culture for the team in sync with the overall department tone.
- Celebrates individual partner and team achievements, recognizing valued contributions.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) are preferable but not mandatory. Strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills.
- A College or University degree and/or adept auditing experience in a financial institution, or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry.
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
- Subject matter expertise
- Project management
- Analytical thinking
- Time management
- Focused client relationships
- Team player
- Ability to work with a high level of accountability and autonomy