Human Capital at Aavishkaar Group
Views:2797 Applications:939 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:187
Intellecap - Senior Associate - Business Consulting & Research - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (4-7 yrs)
Intellecap (www.intellecap.com) is the advisory arm of The Aavishkaar Group, which works to build businesses that can benefit the under-served segments across Asia and Africa. We are pioneers in providing innovative business solutions that help, build, and scale profitable and sustainable enterprises dedicated to social and environmental change. We have worked with more than 300 clients on more than 500 engagements across geographies. We are uniquely positioned at the intersection of social and commercial business to attract and nurture intellectual capital that combines the business training of the commercial world with the passion and commitment of the social world. Our clients include a broad base of Enterprises, Investors, Development Finance Institutions, Foundations, and Private-sector organizations- .
What we do at Intellecap:
- We strive to create an environment that catalyzes business-led solutions towards development through our services, incubations, and Initiatives. We work in the sectors: Financial Services, Agriculture and Livelihoods, Clean Energy, Healthcare, Water and Sanitation, and Circular Economy.
- Intellecap's Consulting's clientele is global, and the team has delivered over 100 diverse projects across Asia and Africa. The team works with:
i. Social Enterprise models to help them achieve scale and faster integration with the mainstream through better business planning, market intelligence and process excellence
ii. Large businesses and corporations to help them engage better with the Bottom of the Pyramid markets
iii. Private foundations, multilateral and bilateral funders and investors to help them understand, strategize and design interventions for the inclusive business space
WHAT WE LOOK FOR WHILE RECRUITING:
Whether it is a consulting expert, a research analyst, a finance prodigy, or an investment banker, we seek to hire the best across the globe and provide them with a unique global ecosystem of learning, experience, and expertise. Our teams are diverse, entrepreneurial, and fun, comprising millennial's and seasoned experts, who are passionate about changing the landscape of social change. The ability to serve the next 3 billion is an opportunity of immense promise, and we look at those who are entrepreneurial in their mind-set, sharp in their thinking, and bring in deep sector expertise to deliver compelling work globally.
Position: Senior Associate-Business Consulting & Research
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Degree/Masters or equivalent from reputed institutes in Kenya/abroad
- Minimum of 4-5 years of past experience in management and business consulting
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative;
- Exposure to business plan creation and building a business model would be desirable;
- Ability to synthesize information and assist in creating insightful recommendations for clients
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Excellent client and team management skills, and commitment;
- Prior exposure to domains in which Intellecap works is desirable;
- Base of the Pyramid/Social Entrepreneurship/Inclusive Business in Asia/Africa
- Financial services/energy/water/education/agriculture, and sanitation/health.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
- Manage projects with independent thinking and guide 2-3 member teams comprising associates independently
- Understand client requirements, develop scope, approach & methodology, delivery schedule with the ability to clearly define costing
- Lead project execution, team discussions, and guide team to drive successful execution in line with identified approach data from primary and secondary sources, guide research and analysis as required.
- Undertake detailed financial and technical analysis where required including complete business planning and financial modeling
- Deliver client presentations and manage client expectations
- Engage with senior experts internally and externally on aspects related to the project
- Support business development through proposal development and new clients reach out
- Straddle multiple day to day roles that include project delivery, client relationship management, team building and mentorship, and business development;
- Be part of the team that contributes towards developing the domestic and global strategy for the consulting practice at Intellecap.
- Undertake relevant national and international field travel and exposure as and when required.
Intellecap is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.