Human Capital at Aavishkaar Group
Views:382 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Intellecap - Senior Associate - Business Consulting & Research (4-5 yrs)
Intellecap, a part of the Aavishkaar Group, is a pioneer in building enabling ecosystems and channeling capital to create and nurture a sustainable & equitable society. Founded in 2002, Intellecap works across critical sectors like Agriculture, Livelihoods, Climate Change, Clean Energy, Financial Services, Gender & Inclusion, Healthcare, Water, and Sanitation, and has delivered over 500 global engagements across 40+ countries and syndicated investments of over USD 500 Million in Capital. Intellecap through its presence in India and Africa, provides a broad range of Consulting, Research, and Investment Banking Services, to Multilateral Agencies, Development Finance Institutions, Social Enterprises, Corporations, Investors, Policy Makers, and Donors. Our common action platform, Sankalp Forum, one of the largest global inclusive development platforms, brings together the ecosystem to shape the way markets work for delivering the SDGs 2030. In 2021 Intellecap announced 100% acquisition of NRMC, a climate change ecosystem player.
Select clients of Intellecap include the USAID, Rockefeller Foundation, World Bank, Ford Foundation, The Hans Foundation, Doen Foundation, GIZ, DFID, Hindustan Unilever, P&G, International Finance Corporation, Asian Development Bank, and Michael and Susan Dell Foundation.
Please visit https://www.intellecap.com/ to know more about us.
Intellecap's Consulting's clientele is global, and the team has delivered diverse projects across Asia and Africa. The team works with:
- Social Enterprise models to help them achieve scale and faster integration with the mainstream through better business planning, market intelligence, and process excellence
- Large businesses and corporations to help them engage better with the Bottom of the Pyramid markets
- Private foundations, multilateral and bilateral funders, and investors to help them understand, strategize and design interventions for the inclusive business space
What we look for:
Whether it is a consulting expert, a research analyst, a finance prodigy, or an investment banker, we seek to hire the best across the globe and provide them with a unique global ecosystem of learning, experience, and expertise. Our teams are diverse, entrepreneurial, and fun, comprising millennials and seasoned experts, who are passionate about changing the landscape of social change. The ability to serve the next 3 billion is an opportunity of immense promise, and we look at those who are entrepreneurial in their mindset, sharp in their thinking, and bring in deep sector expertise to deliver compelling work globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage projects with independent thinking and guide 2-3 member teams comprising associates independently
- Understand client requirements, develop scope, approach & methodology, delivery schedule with the ability to clearly define costing
- Lead project execution, team discussions, and guide team to drive successful execution in line with identified approach data from primary and secondary sources, guide research and analysis as required.
- Undertake detailed financial and technical analysis where required including complete business planning and financial modeling
- Deliver client presentations and manage client expectations
- Engage with senior experts internally and externally on aspects related to the project
- Support business development through proposal development and new clients reach out
- Straddle multiple roles that include project delivery, client relationship management, team building and mentorship, and business development;
- Be part of the team that contributes towards developing the domestic and global strategy for the consulting practice at Intellecap
- Undertake relevant national and international field travel and exposure as and when required.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Degree/Masters or equivalent from reputed institutes in Kenya/abroad
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in management and business consulting
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative;
- Exposure to business plan creation and building a business model would be desirable;
- Ability to synthesize information and assist in creating insightful recommendations for clients
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Excellent client and team management skills, and commitment;
- Prior exposure to domains in which Intellecap works is desirable;
- Base of the Pyramid/Social Entrepreneurship/Inclusive Business in Asia/Africa
- Financial services/energy/climate /agriculture, and sanitation/health.
If you meet most (if not all) of the qualification criteria, please apply with your CV and a cover letter. Please note that the cover letter is mandatory and must include your motivation to join Intellecap and a broad vision for the development sector consulting in India/Africa.
If you are shortlisted for further discussion, three to four rounds of telephonic and in-person/video interviews will be conducted. These will cover several interviews to test analytical and problem-solving skills through a round of interactions with the business team, consulting case, and quantitative assignments depending on the role we are hiring for and the experience of the candidate.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Given the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide responses or specific feedback to all applicants.
Intellecap is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds, regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality, and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.