Human Capital at Aavishkaar Group
Views:989 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
Intellecap - Manager - Climate Change & Energy (8-11 yrs)
About Intellecap :
Intellecap, a part of the Aavishkaar Group, is a pioneer in building enabling ecosystems and channeling capital to create and nurture a sustainable & equitable society. Founded in 2002, Intellecap works across critical sectors like Agriculture, Livelihoods, Climate Change, Clean Energy, Financial Services, Gender & Inclusion, Healthcare, Water and Sanitation, and has delivered over 500 global engagements across 40+ countries and syndicated investments of over $500 Million USD in Capital. Intellecap through its presence in India and Africa, provides a broad range of Consulting, Research, and Investment Banking Services, to Multilateral Agencies, Development Finance Institutions, Social Enterprises, Corporations, Investors, Policy Makers, and Donors. Our common action platform, Sankalp Forum, one of the largest global inclusive development platforms, brings together the ecosystem to shape the way markets work for delivering the SDGs 2030. In 2021 Intellecap announced 100% acquisition of NRMC, a climate change ecosystem player.
Select clients of Intellecap include the USAID, Rockefeller Foundation, World Bank, Ford Foundation, The Hans Foundation, Doen Foundation, GIZ, DFID, Hindustan Unilever, P&G, International Finance Corporation, Asian Development Bank, and Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. Please visit https://www.intellecap.com/ to know more about us.
Intellecap’s Climate Change and Energy team is focused on:
- Building ecosystems and supporting entrepreneurs for energy access and climate action.
- Work with off-grid and decentralized renewable energy stakeholders to increase their capacity, efficiency, and potential to scale in the developing economy markets.
- Our focus areas are Sustainable cities and communities, Climate change mitigation and adaptation, access to energy and energy efficiency for MSMSs, Access to energy to rural households, and Sustainable and resilient smart villages.
What we look for while Recruiting :
Whether it is a consulting expert, a research analyst, a finance prodigy, or an investment banker, we seek to hire the best across the globe and provide them with a unique global ecosystem of learning, experience, and expertise. Our teams are diverse, entrepreneurial, and fun, comprising millennials and seasoned experts, who are passionate about changing the landscape of social change. The ability to serve the next 3 billion is an opportunity of immense promise, and we look at those who are entrepreneurial in their mindset, sharp in their thinking, and bring in deep sector expertise to deliver compelling work globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading the project teams and the on-ground execution of deliverables as per project & client requirements
- Identifying whitespaces and opportunities for the Climate Change & Energy team to meaningfully contribute towards solving challenges for low-income communities in developing countries
- Support development of institutional frameworks for Climate Change& Energy including proprietary approaches and methodologies
- Co-creating strategic and operational plans for the Climate Change &Energy team in collaboration with Sector Lead and corporate strategy team
- Developing institutional frameworks for Climate Change & Energy including proprietary approaches and methodologies, and subject matter expertise (through hires and partnerships)
- Working with the senior team members to manage communication channels with the client while identifying cross-sell/ up-sell opportunities
- Regular tracking of business development opportunities coming up in climate change, energy access, and energy efficiency space.
- Lead proposal development in the areas of technical content, financial planning, human resource planning, and management
- Coordinate with other teams in the organization, and Technical Experts for requirements of preparing technical write-up for proposals
- Support in the business development opportunities from international and bilateral agencies, as well Government clients in alignment with the strategic plan of Intellecap in general and the healthcare practice in particular
- Work with the senior management in developing and executing a sector growth strategy
- Over time, assume increased responsibilities as a member of the senior management team of the company
- Build institutional relations and brand of the company in the Energy and related sectors
- Develop articles, concept notes, and whitepapers on strategic topics for publications and internal consumption
- Identify capacity building needs among the Associate and Senior Associate and provide support career development
- A Masters degree in Engineering, Energy and/or Climate Studies, Renewable Energy, Development Studies, Environmental, and Natural Resource Management or related fields.
- Masters (MBA) or equivalent from reputed institutes in India/abroad
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in research, Business development, and programme management in renewable energy, climate change, and/or related sectors,
- Experience in business consulting, climate change policy, climate finance, and decentralized power generation.
- Experience in working on long-term Technical Assistance Projects in Climate Change, Energy, and related sectors.
- Good MS Office skills (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint) and self-reliant in developing and formatting documents.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills: able to clearly communicate complex information.
- Open to working in a multicultural environment and effectively in small and large teams.
- Fluency in English: able to deliver messages effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong conceptual as well as analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative Fluency in English and ability to deliver the message effectively verbally and in writing
- Flair with a foreign language French/Spanish will be useful
Application Process :
If you meet most (if not all) of the qualification criteria, please apply with your CV and a cover letter. Please
note that the cover letter is mandatory and must include your motivation to join Intellecap and a broad vision for Climate Change/Energy sector in India/Africa.
If you are shortlisted for further discussion, three to four rounds of telephonic and in-person/video interviews will be conducted. These will cover several interviews to test analytical and problem- solving skills through a round of interactions with the business team, consulting case, and quantitative assignments depending on the role we are hiring for and the experience of the candidate.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Given the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide responses or specific feedback to all applicants.
Intellecap is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic,
and cultural backgrounds, regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality, and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.