Human Capital at Aavishkaar Group
Views:1528 Applications:292 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:164
Intellecap - Manager/AVP - Investment Banking - Equity (6-10 yrs)
Founded in 2002, Intellecap Advisory Services Private Limited (Intellecap) is the entrepreneurial ecosystem building arm of the Aavishkaar Group, a pioneer in providing innovative business solutions that help build and scale impact enterprises dedicated to building a more equitable, sustainable and inclusive society. Intellecap & Aavishkaar Group take an ecosystem approach that combines knowledge, capital, technology, and networks, to provide impact entrepreneurs with a continuum of support throughout their life-cycle and to address systemic barriers. We do this by operating at two levels. At the first level, we directly support organizations that invent or create novel solutions with capital, acceleration, fund-raising, technical assistance, innovation transfer, and market linkages. At the second level, we focus on building enabling ecosystems for innovations to scale by engaging with a range of actors such as value chain players, investors, philanthropies, corporations, governments, and intermediaries. We leverage our convening and amplification platform Sankalp to augment our effort to search, seed, support, and scale impact enterprises across sectors. We have worked with more than 300 clients on over 500 consulting and research engagements across multiple geographies. We are a group of 7000 + professionals in offices across India, Kenya, and Indonesia.
About Investment Banking at Intellecap
Intellecap's Investment Banking Team is a pioneer in executing transactions for impact enterprises and has intermediated over USD 800M for social enterprises and from a varied group of global investors like Foundations, Impact investors, Development Financial institutions and Private Equity funds.
We focus, on Private equity, Debt and M&A advisory for clients across Financial Services, Healthcare, Food & Agri and Clean Energy. We have a track record of >15 years with more than 150 Assignments till date.
Please visit https://www.intellecap.com/ to know more about us.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help in building the Investment Banking business
- Origination and successful execution of private equity or M&A transactions
- Develop and manage institutional relationships with potential clients and Investors/ Financial Institutions
- Mentor junior team members to create better delivery and leadership capability
- Generate new business ideas, ventures and service offerings that could add to the firm's existing revenue generation ability
- Seek cross-selling opportunities with other business units and group companies
- Write thought pieces for publication and present at conferences to propagate the IBG viewpoints
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- 6-10 years of proven experience in raising private equity and/ or M&A for companies, in sectors- financial Services, agri, climate, healthcare, and/or education
- Transaction experience across Private Equity and/ or M&A
- Good BD skills and relationships with both domestic and international investors
- Experience in managing staff and interactions at all levels of the organisation
- Has built strong relationships with clients and investors locally
- MBA Finance or CPA / CFA/ CA with a minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial markets and investment banking business
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects on time
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvements
- Strong entrepreneurship drive, excellent managerial skills, self-confidence, good judgment and ability to make sound decisions
- Should have handled Transaction Collaterals - Teaser/ Pitch Document, Information Memorandum, Financial Model, etc. - on its own
- Have managed clients and built sector expertise
- Arriving at comparable transaction multiples - Precedent Transaction Multiples, Public Market Multiples; (Please add knowledge of valuation techniques - DCF to this)
- Having been part of closed private equity transactions is a plus;
- Knowledge of relevant regulations (FDI, SEBI, RBI, etc.), term sheets, and shareholder agreements are desirable.
- An MBA and/ or CA and/ or CFA;
- Power-point presentation skills
- Ability to handle information load methodically
- Emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and logical thought-flow.
- High confidence level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Very high level of ownership and commitment;
- Ability to manage networks and relationships;
- Ability to think beyond the obvious and draw out from readings and interactions with various people.
Intellecap is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds, regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality, and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.