Human Capital at Aavishkaar Group
Views:943 Applications:191 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:62
Intellecap - Manager - Agriculture - Business Consulting & Research (9-12 yrs)
About Intellecap :
Intellecap, a part of the Aavishkaar Group, is a pioneer in building enabling ecosystems and channeling capital to create and nurture a sustainable & equitable society. Founded in 2002, Intellecap works across critical sectors like Agriculture, Livelihoods, Climate Change, Clean Energy, Financial Services, Gender & Inclusion, Healthcare, Water, and Sanitation, and has delivered over 500 global engagements across 40+ countries and syndicated investments of over USD 500 Million in Capital. Intellecap through its presence in India and Africa, provides a broad range of Consulting, Research, and Investment Banking Services, to Multilateral Agencies, Development Finance Institutions, Social Enterprises, Corporations, Investors, Policy Makers, and Donors. Our common action platform, Sankalp Forum, one of the largest global inclusive development platforms, brings together the ecosystem to shape the way markets work for delivering the SDGs 2030. In 2021 Intellecap announced 100% acquisition of NRMC, a climate change ecosystem player.
Select clients of Intellecap include the USAID, Rockefeller Foundation, World Bank, Ford Foundation, The Hans Foundation, Doen Foundation, GIZ, DFID, Hindustan Unilever, P&G, International Finance Corporation, Asian Development Bank, and Michael and Susan Dell Foundation.
Intellecap's Consulting's clientele is global, and the team has delivered over 100 diverse projects across Asia and Africa. The team works with:
- Disruptive agri-technologies and business models to support smallholder farmers and farmer producer organizations in improving their productivity and resilience
- Social Enterprises addressing gaps in the agriculture value chain and support them in building robust business practices, gaining access to finance, markets, etc
- Large businesses and corporations to help them engage better with the Bottom of the Pyramid markets
- Private foundations, multilateral and bilateral funders, and investors to create custom interventions that address the needs of sustainable agriculture and livelihoods
What we look for :
Whether it is a consulting expert, a research analyst, a finance prodigy, or an investment banker, we seek to hire the best across the globe and provide them with a unique global ecosystem of learning, experience, and expertise. Our teams are diverse, entrepreneurial, and fun, comprising millennials and seasoned experts, who are passionate about changing the landscape of social change. The ability to serve the next 3 billion is an opportunity of immense promise, and we look at those who are entrepreneurial in their mindset, sharp in their thinking, and bring in deep sector expertise to deliver compelling work globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
- Provide leadership and strategic direction
- Think about the future, keep up-to-date with market developments, and evolve the strategy
- Communicate to ensure team alignment on vision, strategy, and market developments
- Lead the agenda of growth and excellence, including development and improvement of offerings, forging new partnerships, and institutionalizing system and process improvements
- Coordinate with other practice heads to align strategy and realize synergies
The overall responsibility comprises three key areas:
Building Eminence :
- Conceptualize and develop thought-leading content for presentations and publications
- Represent the practice in domestic and international public forums
- Lead and foster innovation and thought leadership within the team
Contribute to the P&L :
- Drive business development efforts for the practice through stakeholder outreach and interactions, business ideation, and pitch preparation
- Monitor the KPIs of key personnel and the practice
- Groom and support a strong management team
- Institute and monitor effective management decision-making systems
Developing the team, building talent :
- Plan the organization's growth and map the competencies required to meet these goals
- Identify and fill key roles the practice
- Design and drive the mechanism for effective performance management and reward system for the practice
- PGD/PGP or Masters in Agribusiness Management or MBA from a premier B-School/equivalent qualification.
Experience Requirements :
- 9-12 years of experience in consulting to corporations and/or multilateral and/or government
- Strong understanding of Climate-smart agriculture, Agricultural value chains, Ag-Tech, Ag-Tech Incubation, challenges faced by agri-entrepreneurs and financial service providers focused on supporting agriculture
- Exposure to inclusive business/BOP/Social enterprise/Impact investing / digital financial services space would be an added advantage
- Experience in managing consulting teams to deliver high-quality outputs
Essential Skills :
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business issues across multiple focus sectors such as value chain evaluation, agri market linkages, ag tech, agri financing, Climate-smart agriculture, policy advocacy and research, capital facilitation, etc.
- Project Management skills as they relate to managing engagements outcomes- high-quality deliverables are produced on a timely basis and within budget
- Strong client and relationship-building skills including the ability to engage the senior client on firm's offerings as well as emerging issues across practice areas in the Agriculture sector, lead project scope discussions, and provide insightful recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to lead people- Build and motivate a team for greater performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills- and experience of leading published work highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex information
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic teams
- Fluency in English and ability to deliver the message effectively verbally and in writing.