Human Capital at Aavishkaar Group
Views:1326 Applications:286 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
Intellecap - AVP/VP - Investment Banking (8-12 yrs)
Intellecap, a part of the Aavishkaar Group, is a pioneer in building enabling ecosystems and channeling capital to create and nurture a sustainable & equitable society. Founded in 2002, Intellecap works across critical sectors like Agriculture, Livelihoods, Climate Change, Clean Energy, Financial Services, Gender & Inclusion, Healthcare, Water, and Sanitation, and has delivered over 500 global engagements across 40+ countries and syndicated investments of over USD 500 Million in Capital. Intellecap through its presence in India and Africa, provides a broad range of Consulting, Research, and Investment Banking Services, to Multilateral Agencies, Development Finance Institutions, Social Enterprises, Corporations, Investors, Policy Makers, and Donors. Our common action platform, Sankalp Forum, one of the largest global inclusive development platforms, brings together the ecosystem to shape the way markets work for delivering the SDGs 2030. In 2021 Intellecap announced 100% acquisition of NRMC, a climate change ecosystem player.
About Investment Banking at Intellecap
Intellecap's Investment Banking Team is a pioneer in executing transactions for impact enterprises and has intermediated over USD 800M for social enterprises and from a varied group of global investors like Foundations, Impact investors, Development Financial institutions and Private Equity funds.
We focus, on Private equity, Debt and M&A advisory for clients across Financial Services, Healthcare, Food & Agri and Clean Energy. We have a track record of >15 years with more than 150 Assignments till date.
Please visit https://www.intellecap.com/ to know more about us.
What we look for:
Whether it is a consulting expert, a research analyst, a finance prodigy, or an investment banker, we seek to hire the best across the globe and provide them with a unique global ecosystem of learning, experience, and expertise. Our teams are diverse, entrepreneurial, and fun, comprising millennials and seasoned experts passionate about changing the landscape of social change. The ability to serve the next 3 billion is an opportunity of immense promise, and we look at those who are entrepreneurial in their mindset, sharp in their thinking and bring in deep sector expertise to deliver compelling work globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
- Help in building the tech / digital practice for the Investment Banking business
- Origination and successful execution of private equity or M&A transactions in tech deals
- Develop and manage institutional relationships with potential clients and Investors/ Financial Institutions
- Mentor junior team members to create better delivery and leadership capability
- Generate new business ideas, ventures, and service offerings that could add to the firm's existing revenue generation ability
- Seek cross-selling opportunities with other business units and group companies
- Write thought pieces for publication and present at conferences to propagate the IBG viewpoints
Required Qualifications and Skills :
- 8-12 years of proven experience in raising private equity and/ or M&A for companies, in the tech sector cutting across - fintech, edutech, cleantech, consumer tech, or agritechTransaction experience across Private Equity and/ or M&A
- Transaction experience across Private Equity and/ or M&A
- Good BD skills and relationship with both domestic and international investors
- Experience in managing staff and interactions at all levels of the organization
- Has built strong relationships with clients and investors locally
- MBA Finance or CPA / CFA/ CA with a minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial markets and investment banking business
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects on time
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvements
- Strong entrepreneurship drive, excellent managerial skills, self-confidence, good judgment, and ability to make sound decisions
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Deal experience in the tech sector cutting across fintech, edutech, cleantech, consumer tech, or agritech.
- Sound Fundamentals - Accounts, Financial Modelling, Reading and interpreting Balance Sheets, arriving at comparable transaction multiples - Precedent Transaction Multiples, Public Market Multiples;
- Power-point presentation skills
- Ability to handle information load methodically
- Emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and logical thought-flow.
- High confidence level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Very high level of ownership and commitment;
- Ability to manage networks and relationships;
- Ability to think beyond the obvious and draw out from readings and interactions with various people.
Intellecap is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds, regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality, and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.