Senior Manager - Human Capital at Aavishkaar Intellecap
Views:3959 Applications:204 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:61
Intellecap - Associate Vice President/Manager - Wash & Health Consulting (6-9 yrs)
Intellecap Advisory Services, part of the Aavishkaar Group is a pioneer in providing innovative business solutions that help build and scale profitable and sustainable enterprises dedicated to social and environmental change.
Our unique positioning at the intersection of social and commercial business sectors allows us to attract and nurture intellectual capital that combines the business training of the commercial world with the passion and commitment of the social world to shape distinctive solutions.
Founded in 2002, Intellecap has till date completed around 450 engagements across 25 countries around the world.
The Health & WASH vertical at Intellecap focusses to address the key healthcare and WASH challenges in underserved communities in India, South East Asia and Africa. We work to reduce health vulnerabilities for under-resourced communities at a systemic and service delivery level to facilitate the efficient uptake of health services.
With core focus on preventive and primordial care, the health team works to facilitate private sector integration in the following areas :
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Primary healthcare
- Access to drinking water
- Circularity in Waste
- Access to affordable sanitation solutions
Our services range from (a) providing technical assistance and strategic support to enterprises DFIs and Foundations, (b) developing mechanisms / platforms to improve access to capital and increased private sector participation and (c) conducting program assessment across the focus areas to improve scale of impact.
Manager - Health & WASH
The Manager - Health & WASH will be responsible for co-building and scaling the Health & WASH vertical at Intellecap. The Health team has a strong impact focus, structured & purpose driven approach and is also envisioned as a profitable vertical.
Hence, the ideal candidate would be comfortable with balancing both these business priorities. Her/his specific responsibilities will include :
- Leading project teams and on-ground execution of deliverables as per project & client requirements
- Identifying whitespaces and opportunities for the health & WASH team to meaningfully contribute towards solving challenges for low-income communities in developing countries
- Co-creating strategic and operational plans for the Health & WASH team in collaboration with Sector Lead and corporate strategy team
- Developing institutional frameworks for the Health & WASH including proprietary approaches and methodologies, and subject matter expertise (through hires and partnerships)
- Business development and fund-raising through various channels to achieve the targets of the business unit
- Providing future-ready guidance and stewardship towards building concepts and executing projects
Past experience and skill-sets :
- Post graduate degree/diploma in Business Administration, water/health management from premier institutes
- At least 6 to 9 years of relevant work experience in similar organizational / functional context in leading firms in India / South Asia / Africa.
- At least 3-4 years of experience of leading or working in a critical role a specialized health / WASH sub domain area (TB, FSM, Waste Management, NCDs)
- Deep exposure to emerging market challenges and business models/programs operating in sectors such as healthcare, water and sanitation, urbanization, climate change, nutrition, and other related mass-market sectors
- Proven track record of managing and delivering on P&L targets
- Proven track record of advising conceptualization and scaling of innovative products and services; preferably in lean resource settings
- Experience-based familiarity with lean startup principles, human-centered design, open innovation methodologies, and future-forecasting
- Prior experience in preparation of high quality reports and presentations
Leadership attributes and soft-skills :
- Entrepreneurial outlook
- Vision and foresight to generate big, future-ready, and pioneering ideas
- Ability to work with peers with diverse skill-sets and backgrounds and drive a collegial, open, and collaborative working environment
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty and ambiguity while providing clarity to junior team members in managing their specific workstreams
- High degree of comfort with considering new and previously unexplored approaches to problem-solving and project execution
- Business-orientation and good understanding of principles of commercial sustainability
- Good balance between big-picture thinking and detail orientation
- Highly developed analytical and critical reasoning abilities
- High degree of empathy and willingness to experience problems/bottlenecks from the perspective of team members, clients, and end-consumers
- Humility and willingness to accept feedback
- Openness and transparency, high willingness to share ideas and resources
- Decisiveness and risk-taking abilities
- Story-telling and public speaking skills, with special emphasis on ability to articulate complex and technical ideas to diverse audiences (including lay-persons)
- End-user focused
Note on location of work :
- Candidates who can work out of Mumbai will be strongly preferred, followed by those who can work out of either Delhi or Hyderabad.