Human Capital at Aavishkaar Group
Views:1501 Applications:340 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:115
Intellecap - Associate - Investment Banking - Debt Advisory (2-4 yrs)
About Intellecap :
Intellecap, a part of the Aavishkaar Group, is a pioneer in building enabling ecosystems and channeling capital to create and nurture a sustainable & equitable society. Founded in 2002, Intellecap works across critical sectors like Agriculture, Livelihoods, Climate Change, Clean Energy, Financial Services, Gender & Inclusion, Healthcare, Water, and Sanitation, and has delivered over 500 global engagements across 40+ countries and syndicated investments of over USD 500 Million in Capital. Intellecap through its presence in India and Africa, provides a broad range of Consulting, Research, and Investment Banking Services, to Multilateral Agencies, Development Finance Institutions, Social Enterprises, Corporations, Investors, Policy Makers, and Donors. Our common action platform, Sankalp Forum, one of the largest global inclusive development platforms, brings together the ecosystem to shape the way markets work for delivering the SDGs 2030. In 2021 Intellecap announced 100% acquisition of NRMC, a climate change ecosystem player.
About Investment Banking at Intellecap :
Intellecap's Investment Banking Team is a pioneer in executing transactions for impact enterprises and has intermediated over USD 800M for social enterprises and from a varied group of global investors like Foundations, Impact investors, Development Financial institutions and Private Equity funds.
We focus, on Private equity, Debt and M&A advisory for clients across Financial Services, Healthcare, Food & Agri and Clean Energy. We have a track record of >15 years with more than 150 Assignments till date.
Please visit https://www.intellecap.com/ to know more about us.
What we look for :
Whether it is a consulting expert, a research analyst, a finance prodigy, or an investment banker, we seek to hire the best across the globe and provide them with a unique global ecosystem of learning, experience, and expertise. Our teams are diverse, entrepreneurial, and fun, comprising millennials and seasoned experts, who are passionate about changing the landscape of social change. The ability to serve the next 3 billion is an opportunity of immense promise, and we look at those who are entrepreneurial in their mindset, sharp in their thinking and bring in deep sector expertise to deliver compelling work globally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
Transaction Execution: Associates will be a part of a debt / structured finance advisory team and will be responsible for executing the transactions end- to- end with the team. This will involve:
- Prepare teasers, pitch books, information memorandum, management presentations, financial models and other deal related presentations & notes.
- Work closely with seniors on the execution of debt / structured finance transactions and coordination with relevant counter parties.
- Researching and maintaining profiles on existing Clients/Investors Database to know their status and approach accordingly
- Sound understanding of debt market and market terminologies.
- Analyse Balance Sheet and Financial Statements and prepare credit proposal in line with bank's process of credit approvals.
- Regularly maintain and update debt deal database, credit ratings and news related to debt market.
- Associate is expected to attend and participate in client meetings and contribute to building and maintaining client relationships
- Work on several projects simultaneously with teams of professionals, both within the group and across the firm, collaborating to develop and execute solutions to meet client requirements.
- Ability to handle volume spikes and prioritize work including ad-hoc requests and projects to meet business demands in a timely manner
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients and other stake holders.
- Actively participate in sourcing clients / transactions
Business Development :
Associates will have the additional responsibility to support respective sector leads in business development including:
- To research and analyze industry, economic, market, and regulatory data as required to support sector coverage activities
- Assist in preparing presentations / marketing materials for use in client coverage, other business development activities, conferences, etc.
- Meeting Clients/Investors and scheduling meeting of the senior management team with the potential Clients/Investors.
- Conduct and assist in organizing seminars, roadshows, conferences, workshops, and other business development activities.
Corporate Development :
Associates will also be jointly responsible with the rest of the team:
- Assisting team members with internal initiatives such as maintaining sector and investor databases, revenue / transaction milestone tracking, corporate presentations and business development materials, newsletters and company website.
- Support senior team members and clients in any other ancillary tasks from time to time as per requirements.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements :
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in similar profile, preferably a CA or MBA (Finance) from a premier institute.
- Should have handled Transaction Collaterals - Teaser/ Pitch Document, Information Memorandum, Financial Model, etc. - on its own
- Arriving at comparable transaction multiples - Precedent Transaction Multiples, Public Market Multiples; (Please add knowledge of valuation techniques - DCF to this)
- Having been part of closed private equity transactions is a plus;
- Knowledge of relevant regulations (FDI, SEBI, RBI, etc.), term sheets, and shareholder agreements are desirable.
Essential Skills :
- Sound Fundamentals - Accounts, Financial Modelling, Reading and interpreting Balance Sheets, arriving at comparable transaction multiples - Precedent Transaction Multiples, Public Market Multiples;
- Power-point presentation skills
- Ability to handle information load methodically
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner
- Strong team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvements
- Strong entrepreneurship drive, excellent managerial skills, self-confidence, good judgment and ability to make sound decisions
- Strong team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and public speaking skill
- Emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and logical thought-flow.
- High confidence level;
- Ability to manage networks and relationships;
- Ability to think beyond the obvious and draw out from readings and interactions with various people.
Equal Opportunity Employer :
Intellecap is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds, regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality, and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.