Senior Manager at Girnarsoft Cardekho
Views:1063 Applications:186 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
InsuranceDekho - Company Secretary - LLB (6-8 yrs)
About the Company :
Launched in 2016, InsuranceDekho is India's leading Insurtech startup by Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited (Cardekho group). It enables its consumers to compare different insurance policies based on their requirements and offer them the best choices available as per their needs. In FY 2022, InsuranceDekho sourced 1000 crore premium and also sold 1MM policies in the last 9 months. The company currently has tie-ups with 43+ insurance companies.
At present, it has a partner presence in 1200 + cities and covers more than 93% pin codes across India. Over the last few months, InsuranceDekho has built an impressive partner ecosystem with more than 40,000 advisors across India and plans to onboard 1 million advisors by FY25 and has offices in Gurgaon, Pune, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Jaipur, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bengaluru.
Awarded the "Best in Class Insurtech Startup" by Global Fintech awards 2022 (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6978577348031836160), the company aims to become a partner of choice for consumers, insurance companies as well as partner intermediaries in the auto, health, life, pet and travel insurance domains.
We are also happy to announce that we have taken a giant leap forward and successfully raised $150 million in the biggest Series A funding round in South East Asia! It's a validation of our dream to reach every nook and corner of the country and provide a secure life to "Bharat"
Job Title : Company Secretary
Job Location : InsuranceDekho, Plot no.301, Phase-2, Udyog Vihar, Gurugram-122022, Haryana
Key Responsibilities :
A qualified Company Secretary with experience in leading Secretarial & CSR field, this role will entail working closely with the Board of Directors & the senior management. Also, lead the CSR function & be responsible for legal entity corporate governance & other legal entity management solutions with the objective of improving the efficiency, quality & productivity.
Job Description :
- Delivering efficient and effective corporate governance and secretariat support and advice
- Improving processes related to corporate governance and secretariat by identifying and working on opportunities to improve coordination and communication
- Advising and keeping the management informed about their legal responsibilities
- Maintaining statutory registers and other records as per relevant legal Act(s)
- Drafting and vetting of various legal documents and agreements for the company
- Convening shareholders meetings, Board meetings and various Committee meetings, preparation of Agenda and minutes
- Interacting with Board, Internal departments, various auditors for smooth functioning of Secretarial department
- Maintaining statutory records, timely filing of required forms/returns with statutory authorities
- Managing CSR projects/activities
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory policies and changes that might affect the organization
- Planning and coordinating internal audits
- Handling corporate filing and managing the processes and procedures related to the same
- Preparing various reports of the company by ensuring compliance of relevant rules, laws and regulations
- Working closely with various key stakeholders and acting as a point of coordination for matters related to corporate governance
- Managing entity's governance/Compliance related activities
- Compliance with all the Governance related laws, viz Companies Act, Securities laws, Listing Regulations, Insider Trading Code, etc
- Advising Board of Directors on Governance matters
- Preparing Annual Report
- Overseeing Shareholder services
- Representing Company and interacting with government bodies.
Desired Characteristics :
- Experience in legal entity corporate governance, legal form management, and other services related to providing legal functions to a large corporation.
- Demonstrated ability collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience performing Legal Research, analyzing and recommending solutions on issues of legal entity governance
- Excellent legal report writing skills
- Strong understanding of the technology platforms used by Legal Operations
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong ability to work within a global team environment
- Must be a qualified Company Secretary, LLB would be an added advantage
- 6+ years of corporate governance experience as a company secretary in India
- Must have experience in implementation of CSR projects.
- Must be fluent in English
- Previous experience of practical corporate compliances and proven ability to handle independently corporate compliance of unlisted Company according to regulations.
- Must be active in understanding various amendments.
- Excellent knowledge Company/SEBI Law. In-depth knowledge of the industry standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Excellent communication, coordination, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding and vigilant planning and implementing abilities
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.