HR at Institutional Shareholder Services India Private L
Views:103 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Institutional Shareholder Services - Business Analyst - Reference Data (4-10 yrs)
We are currently seeking a senior/lead reference data Business Analyst to serve as Sr. Associate in our Data Management team.
This is a Business Analyst role and not an Operations role.
Data Management team is responsible for ensuring accuracy, completeness and reliability of master and reference data related to companies, funds, securities, ownership, directors, executive compensation, company financials and cross-reference across multiple data vendors. This data is consumed in our client-facing data and analytics tools and research offerings.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of reference and master data sets mentioned above, vendor data, and underlying data architecture, processes, methodology, and systems
- Define business rules, transformation, standardization and processing logic, and technical requirements for data integration and enrichment projects
- Develop and maintain conceptual and logical data models
- Define test strategy and scenarios, and create test data and user acceptance criteria
- Define data quality rules based on business logic and data domain expertise
- Perform root-cause analysis of data issues, identify patterns, and provide solution to fix them systematically
- Act as a point of escalation and data domain expert for Data Operations team and data consumers
- Maintain business and technical metadata, user guides, and methodology documents
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science/Application, Engineering, Information Technology, Math, Statistics or relevant data technology field. MBA or progress towards CFA designation would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience as a Business Analyst, and overall 4 to 8 years of strong experience in functional and technical aspects of entity/instrument reference and master data is required.
- Strong hands-on programming and data analysis experience using SQL, VBA, Python or R
- Good understanding of data sourced from one or more data vendors such as Refinitiv/Lipper, Morningstar, - Bloomberg, S&P, Factset, ICE etc. will be an added advantage.
- Ability to fluently and effectively communicate and collaborate with global business and technical teams
- Should have eye to detail and analytical skills for conducting quality checks
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment independently with little supervision
Good to have:
- SQL Certifications
- Capital markets domain related certifications
- Ability to design and develop robust automated test frameworks and prototypes in any programming language
We offer a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in office and 2 days work from home. Most offices have returned to working in-office