Head - HR at Senior Executive Search
Views:587 Applications:151 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Institutional Equity Research Associate - Economist (2-4 yrs)
Economist for our Institution Equities research desk
Location - Mumbai
CTC - 18 Lacs pa
Education- MBA, CA, CFA, Economist
- 2-4 years of experience working on Indian economy in financial market/think tanks with understanding of key macro data and relevant economic policymaking bodies
- Strong academic record in Economics, quantitative and analytical skills and an interest in understanding of markets and macro linkages.
Knowledge/Skills Required :
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and econometrics tools/ Econometrics time series analysis.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel/Spreadsheet Modelling.
- Ability to explain and defend complex methodologies to clients
- Working knowledge of databases like Bloomberg/CEIC/CMIE
- Strong Presentation skills in terms of story boarding, structuring thoughts
Interpersonal and other skills :
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Must be proactive and take strong interest in learning about macro theories and linkages with financial market.
1. The person will work with the lead economist to help track macro data, and identify and ideate on new themes.
2. The position will focus on India with an eye on global economy and the intersection between economics and financial markets in India across asset classes including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities.
3. He/she will assist in writing sections of high frequency data releases/research periodicals/thematics while implementing quantitative and analytical models, creating/updating charts and tables, ideating macro strategies or identifying themes supportive of/contributing to team's investment thesis.