InMobi - Manager - Sourcing & Merchandising (6-8 yrs)
Founded in 2019, Glance is a consumer internet company that has created two of the most disruptive digital platforms - Glance and Roposo. Glance has redefined the way internet is consumed on the lock screen, removing the need for searching and downloading apps. Over 400 million smartphones now come enabled with Glance's next generation internet experience. Roposo has revolutionized commerce by launching a destination for creator-led live entertainment commerce. Headquartered in Singapore, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi Group and is funded by Google and Mithril Capital. For more information visit glance.com, roposo.com and inmobi.com
Glance Lock Screen: Glance is one of Asia's largest lock screen platforms. It enables consumers to experience the internet on the lock screens of their smart phones. Glance's AI-powered personalization enables consumers to enjoy content, products, and services of their choice, all delivered in an intuitive and visually attractive format on the lock screen of their smart phones.
Roposo: Roposo is India's first creator-driven live entertainment commerce platform. It brings together creators, shopping and entertainment in a single destination. On Roposo, consumers shop live with hundreds of creators and on pop stores, from leading brands, across categories. With a vision to power the creator economy, Roposo endeavours to deliver its creators a range of unique entrepreneurial opportunities, through live entertainment and commerce.
Glance Collective: Glance Collective co-creates and operates multiple unique brands in partnership with some of India's biggest digital creators and celebrities. It was created as a joint venture company between Glance and Collective Artists Network in July 2021 and launched its first brand - EK - with Ekta Kapoor in November 2021. The entity generates scope for creators to earn revenue through part ownership of the brands and gives them access to global markets, through Glance and Roposo's combined worldwide user base.
About the role:
Manager - Sourcing & Merchandising-
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and execute seasonal and short-term sourcing and merchandising plans across multiple categories including - personal care, home, lifestyle, electronics, and Apparel. Candidates with footwear & apparel background will be preferred
- Lead the product execution from vendor scouting, sketch to delivery, including fabrication, quality check & assurance, and sample management
- Help meet financial, quality, and overall merchandising and sourcing requirements. Communicate capacity, timeline and price requirements with vendors/sourcing agencies to meet line margin and delivery requirements.
- Develop and manage high-performing sourcing and manufacturing partners, ensuring current and future business goals are met.
- "Go To Market" Accountability: Responsible for accurately tracking product adoption rates, delivery of proto/shoot/catalogue/PP samples, ecom catalogue management, bulk inventory management to meet required targets.-
- Drive internal & external teams through direct coordination to meet GTM deadlines. Influence sourcing, manufacturing, and external marketplace platforms to achieve GTM milestones.
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to optimise expenditure.
- Identify and enable opportunities to maintain a library of product, product trims, fits, and sourcing bases.
- Maintain MIS on product, sales and inventory keeping regular checks on sales vs stock hygiene, sell thrus and discounts etc
Qualifications & Experience
- 6-8 years of proven work experience in Sourcing & Product Development in one or more among the following categories: Footwear, Apparel (non-apparel like - personal care, home, lifestyle, electronics are a plus)
- Prior expertise in footwear category is a plus
- Familiarity with sourcing, merchandising, and vendor management of relevant category(s).
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Comfortable with numbers and in planning, collecting, analysing, and interpreting data.
- Proficiency in excel is a must have.
- Degree in merchandising, NIFT (garments/textile) is good to have.