Inhouse Litigation Lawyer - Power Industry (8-12 yrs)
We are looking for a senior lawyer with 8-10 years of experience in handling litigation management for a growing power company in Chennai primarily engaged in the development, owning, operation and maintenance of private-sector power projects in India.
- Must have prior experience of managing litigation across forums up to Supreme Court and initiating and defending proceedings before various regulatory forums especially under the Electricity Act 2003.
- Providing legal advice and guidance on all kinds of legal matters including drafting letters of representation, claim/dispute notices, legal correspondence.
- Managing commercial arbitrations filed by and against the company
- Reviewing existing contracts and legal documents to make sure that they are compliant with the company's goals and the law including making standardized base contracts for key functions.
- Guiding and mentoring the legal team to ensure proper documentation, replies, and legal MIS