Infosys - Manager - Global Academic Relations - Flagship Global Internship Program (9-15 yrs)
The employee will be responsible for:
- Building collaborative partnerships and strategic perspective, planning and organizing academic events, brand representation nationally and internationally, relationship management with all spokes of academic cycle, and brand development.
- Envisioning operations strategy and managing the full range of processes of Infosys - Flagship Global Internship Program, InStep. Thereby providing a seamless ecosystem for the various stakeholders such as project mentors, international interns, academic partners and other business enabling functions.
- Overall this role enables smooth running of the program by optimizing all the key processes. As InStep directly reports to the top leadership at Infosys, this role is high on visibility as well as responsibility. If you plan to apply for this role we encourage you to go through the InStep website for understanding the specifics and carefully read through the responsibility areas mentioned below for better understanding. You must understand how InStep program is structured, its process, timelines and relations with the stakeholders. Also how intern profiles are matched with project requirements.
Skills required are :
Strong networking skills, influencer relationships, impeccable communication both for writing and public speaking, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, project management including budgeting, data analysis and interpretation, knowledge management, cross-cultural sensitivity, mentoring skills, event management skills, and language skills are a bonus.
Other aspects include :
1. Creative thinking, focus on the big picture and strategy process
2. Planning and organizing skills for seamless operations management
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural sensitivity and networking skills
4. Relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders
We do all of this to develop and promote a world class Global Academic Collaboration Platform that creates tangible impact for all its stakeholders with the objective of showcasing Infosys as a thought leader, thereby collaborating with experts and attracting top talent. To build and strengthen academic networks in select geos and promote the brand globally.
Detailed set of responsibilities:
1. Building Institutional Partnerships
Identify, build and enhance relationships with relevant academic leadership and management through networks IN ORDER TO drive significant brand enhancement of Infosys through such associations, research collaboration, co-creation opportunities and establishment of centers of excellence.
2. Academic Network Management
Initiate and manage all academic relationships with professors, faculty, university groups and represent brand Infosys on campuses (including but not limited to career fairs, networking events, information sessions, speaker opportunities)
3. Geo-specific Planning
Define quarter-wise goals and the annual strategic plan and budgets for different Geos which is to be designed and executed by her/his team. S/he will justify program expansion with entry strategy IN ORDER TO measure and enhance the value of the Global Academic Collaboration Platform (GACP) which the Global Academic Relations team delivers.
4. Achieve pipeline growth & execute faculty exchanges, co-creation of knowledge assets and intellectual property and research collaborations. Get the team to create & present competitor templates, research and market intelligence data.
5. InStep vendor management for best pricing, quality and output (Skills required: Negotiation)
6. Intern Onboarding (Skills required: Diligence, Multi-tasking, Empathy and Cultural Rationalism)
a. Complete view of the pre-arrival activities such as Visa regimes, Travel coordination, FAQs and more
b. Post-arrival activities such as Commute management, Accomodation, FRRO, Visa and Airfare Reimbursements, Stipend framework and more
7. Work with Infosys- CXOs for various aspects of the program, mainly with the office of the Chief Operating Officer and Global Head of Marketing (Skills required : Conversational skills and Ability to work with leadership)
8. Recruitment : S/he will be responsible for handling the entire gamut of recruitment, right from sourcing profiles, screening the eligible applicants, placing them in the required/appropriate projects. The person should have a flair for technology innovation in order to solicit the projects and then giving them to the right candidates.
9. Creating budget models for the academia function in liaison with the Head of Global Academic Relations
10. The Manager - GAR will be fully responsible for managing all the operations activities, ensure all interns have a wonderful experience and be the brand ambassador for the program