HR Manager at Taylor and Francis
Views:1542 Applications:491 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Informa - Sales Manager - Corporate & Professional Sales Team (3-10 yrs)
We currently have an opportunity for a Sales Manager to join our professional and corporate sales team. Overall responsibility for managing & maximizing sales pipeline on Print as well as new Digital knowledge / learning products.
Representing the company to the Non-Academic customers like Corporates, Government bodies, Public Libraries, etc . Be responsible for achieving annual sales targets for this channel through consultative account management and Maintain an awareness of the business and competitive trading environment.
- Plans, schedules and carries out regular sales visits to customers to achieve financial targets across product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities.
- Develop & manage relationships with key stakeholders at enterprises including but not limited to L&D heads, business heads, vertical / functional heads.
- Report periodically to managers on sales progress and the business environment, this ensuring responsiveness to both the micro and macro trading conditions.
- Collects and disseminates market, competitor, and customer feedback, including passing on leads where the customer and business would be better served by a different T&F channel/offering.
- Establish a strategic approach to the short, medium and long-term business on territory, to ensure that activity is both relevant and flexible to the evolving trading environment over time.
- Work closely with the marketing & PR teams for product promotions, brand promotions etc to optimize product lifecycle as well as sales cycles.
- Uphold company trading and terms policy to protect profitability and value of business in this channel.
- Prepares for, attends, and contributes to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence.
- Actively liaise with stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&Fs coverage of the territory includes credit control, editorial, marketing and sales support Selection and adaptation of sales materials, analytics and catalogues for regular customer visits.
- Working with the production team to create and sell customized versions of existing products either in response to or anticipation of customer demand.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in selling digital knowledge or learning-tech products to corporates & related community
- Consultative sales skills and a customer focused approach
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively.
- Willingness to travel extensively on territory and to conferences, book fairs as required
- Target driven approach and the skills to manage sales budgets
- Excellent negotiation skills, written and oral communication and presentation skills
- A collaborative and flexible approach to working both internally and externally
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness.
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skill
- Competent user of core MS Office package
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry or the book trade.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
30 days annual leave
4 volunteering days annually
Day off for your birthday
Medical insurance for self and dependents; life cover and personal accident cover for self
Seasonal social and charitable events
Training and development
Blended style and flexible working time
Right tools for remote working