India Health Action Trust - Specialist - HR Systems (2-6 yrs)
Background of the Project:
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the coverage of key reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition (RMNCHA+) interventions and services in the state from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
Job Summary :
The Specialist, HR Systems will support Department of Medical Health & FW, Uttar Pradesh, in implementation of Manav Sampada (State HRIS), and improving recruitment processes, HR planning, Performance Management etc. She/he shall work closely with Senior Specialist and support the team in implementation of online modules, ensuring data quality and monitor progress of live modules.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Support in planning and implementation of various modules of the HRMS (Manav Sampada)
- Support NHM, UP and DoHFW in effective manpower planning, geographical rationalization of existing workforce, critical recruitment policies/projects etc.,
- Provide techno-managerial support to National Health Mission, UP and Dept. of Health and Family Welfare, UP on strengthening of various HR Systems
- Develop capacity of Dept. of Medical Health and Family Welfare for effective maintenance and usage of HR data available on Manav Sampada
- Lead Manav Sampada Help Desk including work planning, staffing and maintenance of Toll-free number
- Demonstrated experience in managing large-scale projects with data and knowledge of appropriate tools for managing projects
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural, teamwork skills and ability to foresee issues and initiate appropriate action.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a challenging environment.
- Advance knowledge in computer skills, including MS power point, excels, word
- Graduate from a recognized University
- MBA in HR/Master's in Public Health/Social work, or equivalent qualification will be preferable
- Experience of supporting government/government organization in implement/roll out at least one large-scale health sector or IT project
- Candidates with 2 years of experience in handling HR systems for medium-large organizations/departments will be preferred
- Candidates with experience of working with government (Centre or State) departments will be preferred. Additional preference will be given to candidates who have at least 2 years of experience working in public health.
IHAT provides safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills/knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency, and suitability. Short listing for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been short listed for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.