India Health Action Trust - Deputy Director - Human Resource (8-15 yrs)
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit for the Government of Uttar Pradesh (UPTSU) with over 1200 employees to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the RMNCHA+ services in the state of Uttar Pradesh with funding support from Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF).
Deputy Director, HR shall play a pivotal role in developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall plan and strategic direction of the project, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, compensation, employee engagement and HR operations. She/he will be responsible for mapping out the existing HR processes and lead HR transformation projects in specific HR functions to revitalize them.
UPTSU provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP's health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and Newborn Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Deputy Director, HR shall be responsible for strategic HR inputs and implementation of HR policies for all staff under the IHAT UP Technical Support Unit project. She/he will be responsible for mapping out the existing HR processes and lead HR Transformation projects in specific HR functions to revitalize the internal HR Management processes of UPTSU to achieve high employee motivation and performance in the organization.
With a direct reporting to Director, HR and an advisory role to Executive Director, UPTSU on the HR management functions of the project, DD, HR shall play a pivotal role in developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall plan and strategic direction of the project, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, compensation, employee engagement and HR operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Asses the processes and systems in place, which need streamlining and develop the required best-in class processes for critical HR functions
- Set up systems and mechanisms for regular feedback loop of organizational and employees needs to design systems for improvement of organization culture
- Ensure effective continuity of processes for existing HR functions including recruitment, induction, performance management, grievance redressal, CASH, HRIS and exit processes with no disruption
- Analyze and revise systems and processes for existing functions and for other critical HR systems such as HR policy/manual, succession planning, training & development, compensation structure, employee engagement etc.,
- Finalize competency based - Job Descriptions, recruitment processes, assessment tools/processes etc., to ensure competent HR are available for all positions
- Develop and implement systems/processes for employee growth through effective T&D needs identification and fulfillment for all job positions
- Ensure that all HR, labour and related compliances are followed and there are no defaults, notices or qualifying remarks from any authority
Key inputs expected from the Job Role :
- Work with senior leadership for implementing effective change management practices for HR processes redesigned from time to time
- Engage with experts in the field of HR through formal/informal channels to gather inputs to effectively design HR systems and processes within the organization
- Identify the competencies and job positions required within the internal HR team for effectively redefining the HR processes and leading its implementation and recruit the same
- Actively and regularly seek feedback from project heads for strategy and from all staff for implementation processes
- Any other work given by the line manager or organization from time to time
- Additional tasks as may be added to the Job Description from time to time for the job role
- Building a high performance team
- Collaboration for success
- Strategic Thinking
- Basics of data analysis and interpretation (MS Excel)
- Vendor Management
- Planning and Resource Management
- Basics of Human Resource Management
- Change Management Principles
Required Skills and Experience:
Required Qualification: MBA in Human Resources or Personnel Management or Industrial Relations and its equivalent from Tier-1 institutes
Preferred Qualification: Masters in public health, Social Work, Public Policy or strategy or other related courses
Essential Experience: Minimum of 8 years of post PG experience in:
- Handling end to end HR operations for organizations or projects or departments or govt./non-govt. HR systems (Or)
- Change management across organizations or projects or departments or govt./non-govt. HR systems
- Experience of working in public health projects shall be preferred.
- Experience working as HR Business Partner or HR Generalist or HR consulting roles shall be preferred.
Language requirements: Fluency in English and Hindi essential
Reporting: The Deputy Director - HR will report to Director - Human Resource.
Travel Requirements: Yes
How to apply:
Interested candidates please apply by September 09, 2021 (Thursday)
You may also visit IHAT Vacancy page at www.ihat.in. Only complete online applications will be considered eligible for processing.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.